PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max - Did Villain Flop a Full House?

redCashion
11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
I've mentioned in a few of my hands I've posted about the number of full houses that have been flopped on me recently. I think I might have played this timidly as a result, but the only hands I could put him on were AK, KK, QQ, or maybe AJ. But AJ seemed like a stretch though since he hadn't been very aggressive preflop and it was hard to see him reraising with it out of the blinds.

Btw villain was horrible, and had stats of 75/7/3 and was often seen calling down with any two if he caught any piece of the flop. But the call on the turn froze me a bit, and I decided not to get too aggressive on the river. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

SB ($25.55)
BB ($68.05)
UTG ($51.10)
MP ($46.25)
Hero ($56.80)
Button ($24.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($7.25) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($15.25) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls $8.

River: ($39.25) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $44.25

Elverian
11-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I would say probably not. Would expect a reraise from him on the turn, and certainly not a miniscule $2.50 bet on the river. Sounds like he has a hand like KQ or a mid pocket pair. I would certainly have made a value bet on the river.

redCashion
11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I guess this was a read-based hand. I really only put him on premium hands based on how timid he would be preflop, he was the definition of fish. Passive, call, call, call. I couldn't see him reraising with KQ, 99, or anything sort of sub-premium.

Also, if you notice, all 3 bets are miniscule. I think that is just the action of someone not experienced enough to know how much to bet, either that or he is trying to induce another raise from me.

barryc83
11-01-2006, 04:27 PM
You should felt this IMO. What beats you? KK/AK. I have seen villains min bet pre with TT and AJs before on multiple occasions. Also, in my experience playing PS 50nl, when they donk bet the river like that they aren't trying to induce a raise, they want to get to showdown cheap. Definitely raise the river. I'm guessing he showed JJ or QQ.

kurto
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
When opponents bet that weakly I don't give them credit for much. I'd be likely to play the hand very much the same as you.

His river bet I'd guess is a blocking bet... though I can't imagine too much that you beat that would call a river reraise.

If you're beat, I'm just glad he's bad enough to only make $2.50 more on the river there... cause I'd call a larger bet.

TJgniL
11-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Looks like AJ to me. If he's been calling down w/ any piece of the board I think that a river raise is for value.

barryc83
11-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Kurto,

So are you calling that river and not raising? I mean he bet like 1/20 of the pot. Even a donk will bet like 10-12 here IMO w/ a hand that beats Hero's. Even if Hero raises river to like $15 a lot of donks can't get away from JJ and QQ. I would try to milk him on the river, but maybe that's a leak in my game.

simuk
11-01-2006, 06:19 PM
To be honest,

At no point do I think he has AK or KK. His bets make no real sense if he did anyway.

You have to be value betting this hand on the river in my opinion.

kurto
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Whether or not I raise the river has much to do with how I've seen the person playing. I hate these questions in a vacuum.

I have seen a lot of players who underbet the nuts because they're either afraid no one will call or they're fishing for a reraise.

Had I been at the table with this guy, I would like to think I would have a better idea of what kind of strength the guy has and know whether to call or raise that river.

Just looking at this hand in a vacuum, I like a river raise. But the fact that the OP was troubled by the smoothcall and then was bet into has to be given some consideration because he knows better then I how to 'feel' about the turn and river action.

Does that make sense?

ughaulkghalugh
11-01-2006, 06:52 PM
uh those stats/reads plus this hand = go broke

Jigsaws
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
My gut reaction is to just shove the river. This megadonk will call with any ace. I wouldn't be surprised if he got annoyed at your frequent raises and minreraised just to spite you.

Usually my gut reaction's better than my considered reaction, so I won't post that one. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lippy
11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I valuebet this river all day.

I put him on KQs.

Shaddux
11-01-2006, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But the call on the turn froze me a bit

[/ QUOTE ]
If you aren't raising for value, why raise here? (obv, I'm not saying to not raise)

svidrigailov
11-01-2006, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But the call on the turn froze me a bit

[/ QUOTE ]
If you aren't raising for value, why raise here? (obv, I'm not saying to not raise)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. A call is a good, this looks like Ax (J?) or ~KQ from a player with no discipline combined with a feeble attempt to... do something on the river.

redCashion
11-01-2006, 09:24 PM
"If you aren't raising for value, why raise here? (obv, I'm not saying to not raise)"

I'm raising there for information, as well as for value.

"If you're beat, I'm just glad he's bad enough to only make $2.50 more on the river there... cause I'd call a larger bet."

He had KK. When the hand finished, I remember thinking that against anyone else I would have lost all my chips. But I had a strong read about his preflop play and it turned out to be right. As for his minbet on the river, I think donks do this alot to induce raises against aggressive players. Or maybe he was just drunk, I dunno.

svidrigailov
11-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Do you gain any information when a 75/7/3 calls the turn raise, though? I would feel like villain is, well, calling down with any two as you indicated he would.

redCashion
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I agree, I guess I was hoping there was a chance I would get a fold or a reraise and gain some info which obviously didn't happen. And honestly, the size of the turn bet was so small, 3betting it was still a relatively small amount given the strength of my hand that it seemed the right thing to do.

On the river, I just went back to my initial flop read that I was beat. I guess the purpose for having reads is to go with them, I felt like I missplayed the hand absent the read and it looks like everyone agrees /images/graemlins/smile.gif

svidrigailov
11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Know what you mean - the turn bet does feel like it should be raised almost on principle alone /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Sick read; it's tough to stick to them when they deviate so much from an imagined standard line, I usually get confused a donk off my chips one way or the other.

simuk
11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually get confused a donk off my chips one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol me too...

Confusing bets always get reraised!