PDA

View Full Version : NL25 NFD OOP vs a raise

Bonesy
11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
CO: $67.25
Button: $24.65
SB: $37.30
Hero: $27.15

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG (poster) checks, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.8</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.6</font>, SB folds, Hero???

Villain was very loose. He would cc a lot pf trying to hit some hands with his garbage. His stats were around 58/5/1.2. He would bluff on shows of weakness or on the river if he missed his draw. He usually wasn't aggressive unless he had the lead to begin with or had some kind of hand. He was capable of gambling with clearly worse hands.

I hadn't seen this sort of miniraise from him. He usually called a lot on the flop. What is my plan for the rest of the hand? How much do I reraise here? It is likely that he will at least call and then what on a blank turn?

Absolution
11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Loose weak guys like this aren't looking to get stacked with just top pair good kicker or even two pair. They are trying to hit the nuts and get action. His strategy is probably profitable at this level, but he is predictable. This looks like either top pair good kicker (something like K8) and he's scared to put too much in or a flush draw like QTh and he's trying for a free card. Either way, this looks like a pot control bet and is weak, so I would now throw in a pot sized bet on the flop. You could be ahead here already, but you most likely have an equity edge. He wouldn't play a stronger hand like a set or two pair this way most of the time.

Hattifnatt
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
4.50 total, call a push.

mother_brain
11-01-2006, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4.50 total, call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck, what you do when he calls your 4.5 and the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif comes on the turn? Check and call his big bet with A high?

Call his push? Terrible when i line involves getting all the money in with a flush draw.

Call.

Absolution
11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4.50 total, call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck, what you do when he calls your 4.5 and the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif comes on the turn? Check and call his big bet with A high?

Call his push? Terrible when i line involves getting all the money in with a flush draw.

Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls and puts in a big bet on a 9 you can lay it down. If he's doing that as a bluff then he played it well, but if he just calls the flop and then raises that turn card I'll give him credit for a big hand. If he pushes on the flop it's a tough situation. Put him on a range and calculate the odds.

Bonesy
11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I ended up calling and check/folding to a psb on a blank turn. It felt very weak to play my hand this way.

mother_brain
11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
You have A high, good to play it weak IMO. Depending how much is behind after the PSB you might call it.

mother_brain
11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Some of u evening people chime in. I'm curious as to opionions

Yaboosh
11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Passive seems fine. You do have the gutshot to go along with the NFD. You want a big pot, and you aren't going to win a big pot against this guy without him having you destroyed on this flop. If he does have a big hand, set, made straight or something, he could get very stubborn with it and pay you off pretty good.

Jigsaws
11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't think you have enough FE against this guy to push, so calling is fine.

Panthro
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I rarely push draws anymore at 50NL/100NL (or even 3-bet them on the flop) -- I think it's far more profitable to play them passively when there's very little FE, yet fantastic implied odds when you hit your card. Just call the flop bet. Call the turn if he gives you a decent price...otherwise fold. You don't have to shove your chips in like a madman every time you flop a draw.

RAHZero
11-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Your flop bet sucks. Pot the flop, here I like a slight overbet for $1.5 total. That way, you can push over a raise no problem. As played, just call the minraise.