PDA

View Full Version : NL50: Caught in a squeeze with ATo.

chesspain
11-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Same game as from yesterday's hand, although we are temporarily down to seven players. I have approx. $75, and the table has been playing weak-tight to my aggression. MP has only approx. $25, although I haven't seen him do anything donkish in the five or so orbits I've been at the table. SB is the player who bet/folded to my turn push in the earlier hand. He has approx. $65 to start the hand.

Preflop: BB posts $0.50. chesspain is UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
1 fold, <font color="red">chesspain raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, folded to <font color="red"> SB who reraises to $4.50</font>, BB folds, chesspain folds,...

Given that the SB's reraise felt like a pot sweetener, I didn't relish gettting trapped with a meh hand while having another player still left behind me. Or is it still worth it to call, likely getting 5:1 while having position on the reraiser?

thac
11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
You raise ATo UTG+1 7 handed? I find myself getting in spots like this too often when I raise Ace-x this early. As played, it's basically a minraise and he has $60 behind if you do catch a flop, but I think you need two pair or a broadway to continue on the flop.

Vammakala
11-01-2006, 09:12 AM
yea I think ATo is sucha horrible hand to play to a reraise. Usually you're either a huge dog or 50-50 at best if he happens to have something like 99. If you then hit your ace or ten, you can never be sure if they're good AND if they're good, you probably won't get any value for them. The only hand you're really going to flop besides broadway is two pair or trips and it doesn't happen often enough. You're also OOP against what will probably be TWO players. Not an enviable position and I have no problem folding this.

Elverian
11-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Very boderline playing AT utg 7 handed, and the spot you find your self in is why!
MP has called a 4BB utg raise cold, and another has announced better than that. If you are lucky, you are only dominated!! I think this a clear fold, if there is an overpair to your T out, and a better ace you are almost dead, on top of which you could call, and then get raised by MP (unlikely I know)