PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 flopping flush - DONk Line?

pdoran10
11-01-2006, 01:16 AM
So my call preflop is somewhat marginal but reasonable. I'm more concerned about my flop line here. Both players in the pot are pretty solid regular TAGs at Stars 25NL. Victoria is a good, thinking player. I check - which is questionable. When Vitoria leads this flop, I put him on a set, . With the raise, here, I am just calling hoping the turn bricks and I can C/R all in. Neither player has a real read on me as i just sat down.

What would you guys do>? I think maybe bet/3 bet pooosh flop next time...

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $66.40
CO: $23.20
Button: $34.40
SB: $22.35
Hero: $28.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.35, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $5.75</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Yaboosh
11-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Mehhh, it is very very very risky to do this. There are WAY TOO MANY turn cards that either beat you (a paired board) or that kill your action (a paired board or another club). You gotta raise this up.

SubaruSTiMike
11-01-2006, 01:25 AM
I don't mind it but usually if you play fast you'll have the same result with less chance of suck outs you know? I think though I would have led if not atleast raise button, if they are on a 2nd nut draw they will pay now , sets and 2 pairs would probably will stack off on the flop. Most people don't advocate slow plays because you won't get action with scare cards(another flush) (paired boards) etc...come up. So they advocate playing things fast. I honestly don't mind this line, I feel somtimes we get a bit more but also if you play it fast you get more sometimes with less suck outs. I'll let the veterans chime in.

pdoran10
11-01-2006, 01:27 AM
this may bet a partial lie or half truth, but i think i fold if board pairs. I think a flush is sick obvious with a 3 bet all in after checking (not playing against typical 25NL donks)

jonyy6788
11-01-2006, 01:31 AM
You gotta either check/raise or lead the flop....a raise is definitely in order as played. UTG has showed strength and button apparently thinks he has something after raising 3xBB on the button.