PDA

View Full Version : WTF? I got triefecta'd......

GoblinMason (Craig)
01-02-2006, 04:34 PM
6/12 w/10/20 kill at the Trump in IN.

I just sat down in the CO after being moved from the must move, so I have zero reads other than that villain is young and has his gf sitting behind him.

It's a kill pot (in the SB); I have Q8 of clubs and go to until I see the button about to do the same. So I open, button obv mucks, and both blinds defend.

Flop: 636r (1 club)

Check, Check, I bet, SB c/rs, BB leaves, I call.

Turn: Q pairs a suit, not mine.

Now he checks, and I'm so sure my Q is good so I valuet bet against his trash; he c/r's...I think a while and decide that I'm getting to showdown against this unkown.

River: T offsuit

He checks, I bet, he c/r's and I pay off like a fish.

private joker
01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
PF is whatever -- if you think you can steal here, go ahead and steal. The flop continuation bet is good because this flop is unlikely to hit many hands -- I guess calling the checkraise is fine with 2 overs, but I'm sure an argument can be made for folding. Do you like all 6 of your outs? Is the backdoor draw enough? I'd probably peel here as well.

On the turn, I like the bet after he checks. But when he checkraises, I wouldn't mind folding. I doubt he c/r on two streets with trash, unless you think he is trying to impress his girlfriend by bluffing. If you really decide you want to get to showdown, do so cheaply. That's why I hate the river bet. What do you expect him to call you with? Just check behind and hope he doesn't have a 6 or better Q.

silkyslim
01-02-2006, 04:51 PM
i think you need to raise this pf with the kill in there. too much $ in the pot not to. but then you get more callers more often. I like the flop and turn but I would check behind on the river. after someone gay c/r's me on the turn I fear a good hand. I could tell from looking at him that he thought he was a stud and knew a little about the game. His friend and himself were talkin g about "teaching" someone limit. My read was FPS with a good hand.

Alexthegreat
01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I call down. I could see him CRing twice with something like 77-TT, as well as air, as well as a better Q or a 6. I wouldn't bet the river though.

If HHWG I'll bet he earned himself a sweet Beej from his bitch

FUJItheFISH
01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unless you think he is trying to impress his girlfriend by bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

more like impress his gf by taking all of craigs chips /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i like everything up to the river call.

RyanCMU
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Why not check behind on the river?

Kramer.
01-02-2006, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i like everything up to the river bet .

[/ QUOTE ]

brettbrettr
01-03-2006, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]