PDA

View Full Version : Very Tough spot against LAG

Roadstar
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
50NL 6 max

Effective stacks ~ $65

Villain is very LAG, however, having a passive table enabled him to keep hammering pots and taking them down.

Villains tendencies - Preflop, large preflop raises in the $4-$5 range, will call reraises liberally.

Postflop - if preflop aggressor he will bet 1-2x pot on most streets (and go all in if he has too).

His stats are like 80/50/5 over 50 hands.

I haven't done anything out of line myself.

Preflop -

Hero has A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in CO

UTG folds, Villain raises $4, Hero reraises to $18, rest fold, Villain calls

Flop J /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain checks, Hero??!?!?!?!

Real tought spot here what to do? just poosh cuz its PSB? or check hoping to hit. Keep in mind once I check, villain is pooshing next street like 70% of the time.

wake_up
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
push

jonyy6788
10-31-2006, 09:30 PM
As played I push, but I've never done this or seen a villain that raises $4 first in. If he has a pair you're 25% to win probably.

matrix
10-31-2006, 09:39 PM
make it $25 and call any raise/push we got overcards and a BD flush draw and a bd straight draw that's almost 8 outs.

Villain is a truly bad LAG if he continues here without something and our bet might well convince him to fold 99,77,66,44- he ought to notice that you are tighter than titus' terrifically, tightly-tied, tourniqet.

He's not folding TP + but most flops miss most hands and he's either winding up for the mother of all c/r's or he's scared you have the goods and is likely folding.

Bet and take it down - but don't fold here whatever you do. If we check behind we probably ought to call if he pushes.

Once you make a stand against a LAG you got to see it through barring an AWFUL board, if you back away now he'll run all over you worse than before - if you call and lose he'll slow down a little at least I think.

Shaddux
10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Push. If stacks were deeper, I would check behind and raise villain's turn bet AI (assuming turn is a safe card).