PDA

View Full Version : BB having raised a persistant blind stealer

lippy
10-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Button has stolen all 4 time I've been BB. Decided to put a stop to that.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($8.1, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($19.1, 3 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($19.1, 3 players)
Hero ...?

Call on the flop completely shut me down thinking he has a J (or high PP). Check behind on the turn confused the [censored] out of me. Do I bet this river for value or check it? My hand is now somewhat strong, but there are any J or AK beats me.

AaronOC
10-31-2006, 08:17 PM
The only hand I can see beating you here is AK, what jack could he be calling with. He could be holding Kings or Queens which would make sense given the check on the turn. I think a blocking bet of $6-7 might be in order here

SavageMiser
10-31-2006, 08:27 PM
He'll call the flop with a pair higher than 22. The check behind pretty much backs that up.

But why no bet on the turn?

As played, I'd value bet the river.

kaz2107
10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
i check call the river to induce a bluff from villain. he wont call much of a value bet here with almost any hand that we beat n e more. maybe Ax that he made an awful flop call with??? i dont see him calling with a pp here since the A hit on the turn.