PDA

View Full Version : Bluff vs LAG

True
10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Guy is a strongish LAG, always shows up at the river with the nuts or strong hands if he has the lead, he does like to draw and isn't a huge calling station.

His stats are 56/28/2.5, he min raises a lot preflop to build pots, disguise his hand and just mix it up a lot. It's usually hard to put him on a hand. He is usually pretty straight up, will min raise draws and things and then raise proper amounts if he think he has the best hand and wants opponents to call.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($46, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $35</font>, SB calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($116, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $85</font>,

True

Spy Dog
10-31-2006, 02:53 PM
I'd check behind on the turn. This isn't exactly a scare card to him if he's calling that flop. You are getting called or C/R way more often than he is folding.

River is fine.

AlienBoy
10-31-2006, 03:01 PM
What's the stack size??

I think he could have A/images/graemlins/heart.gif + blank here. Possible A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and a 5 or 7 off suit.

I don't think he calls that turn with air, based on your read.

He could also have a small flush. if you overbet the river, you might get anything but a flush to fold. As played, I suspect there are a few hands he can call the river with.

AB

PBJaxx
10-31-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't know what others think here, but if I fire a third barrel at the scare card, I like it to be closer to pot-sized. I know that you are sticking with consistent bets, but villain obviously thought he had the best hand the whole way. The ace is a scare card, but I think he needs a little more reason to fold. I want to make sure he has to have AT LEAST an ace to call me.

Go ahead and flame away,

-Jaxx

True
10-31-2006, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what others think here, but if I fire a third barrel at the scare card, I like it to be closer to pot-sized. I know that you are sticking with consistent bets, but villain obviously thought he had the best hand the whole way. The ace is a scare card, but I think he needs a little more reason to fold. I want to make sure he has to have AT LEAST an ace to call me.

Go ahead and flame away,

-Jaxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Iwouldn't overbet the river there with anything really, perhaps the nut flush, but thats about it, but given the action it's not easy to put villain on a big hand.

True

74o_Clownsuit
10-31-2006, 03:11 PM
I like the river play UNLESS you've seen him mix it up and c/c a few rivers with good hands.