PDA

View Full Version : Folding draws OOP (theory question)

uminchu
10-31-2006, 05:55 AM
Yeah so here an example of folding a draw oop and perhaps i should have just folded pf but this table was so live that suited connected hand folding was almost out of the question. In this case the villain is hyper aggro and c bets 100 pecent of the time, but slows down on turn, and will fold to aggression, like for instance raising his c bet leads to many hands being folded. In this case however, i took his bet into the whole field to mean more than simply air. Also since i was OOP with my flush draw i felt i would not get paid if i hit hence there was very little in the way of implied odds present so i would be calling simply to win the money in the pot.
So question being are you guys folding this here and similar draws OOP with little in the way of implied odds?
PokerStars Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($18)
UTG ($25.30)
UTG+1 ($62.25)
MP1 ($3.80)
MP2 ($41.35)
CO ($32.65)
Button ($51.10)
Hero ($68.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($10) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5.5</font>, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls $1.80 (All-In).

Turn: ($17.30) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($17.30) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $17.30

JackAll
10-31-2006, 07:04 AM
PF is terrible. Suited 2-gappers are really only a positional hand because they hit a draw so rarely. You have only about 13% of hitting a draw on the flop - and even then, you have to play a draw (unmade hand) oop. If you are going to play it, please squeeze and rrz.

As played - WTF?? You have almost correct odds to draw after he c-bets only half pot. What was the point of playing it in the first place if you fold here? Also, if he slows down on the turn, you might get a free river card if he checks behind on the turn and no fd hits.

It is true that you are not in a good spot, but with those odds and a J high draw (many draws would be lower which you beat 45,56,67,9T/35/46/57/79), you aren't in bad shape. Sure if there were a lot of callers on the flop, you don't want all your money in if a diamond hits on the turn, but you can definitely have a good chance of a decent sized pot.

uminchu
10-31-2006, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is terrible. Suited 2-gappers are really only a positional hand because they hit a draw so rarely. You have only about 13% of hitting a draw on the flop - and even then, you have to play a draw (unmade hand) oop. If you are going to play it, please squeeze and rrz.

As played - WTF?? You have almost correct odds to draw after he c-bets only half pot. What was the point of playing it in the first place if you fold here? Also, if he slows down on the turn, you might get a free river card if he checks behind on the turn and no fd hits.

It is true that you are not in a good spot, but with those odds and a J high draw (many draws would be lower which you beat 45,56,67,9T/35/46/57/79), you aren't in bad shape. Sure if there were a lot of callers on the flop, you don't want all your money in if a diamond hits on the turn, but you can definitely have a good chance of a decent sized pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct sir and i am retardid, also i dont do much squeezing at these lower stakes i prefer it when im playing 100 NL or better, stupid br management

thanks for the advice though

JackAll
10-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I only squeeze against people with high pfr%. Which is why I said "If you are going to play it, squeeze".

I tend to dump it 2-gappers though.