PDA

View Full Version : $25Max KK

Reid L
10-31-2006, 02:44 AM
Hero has $25.25 Villian has $25.50. Hero is on button with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. One limper and I bring it up to 1.20 and only Villian calls. Flop comes

8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot is $5

Villain bets $6. Hero calls. Turn is

5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian goes all in, Hero?

orange
10-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Raise the flop. Instacall turn.

helloimcdog
10-31-2006, 02:57 AM
all in the flop
as played all in the turn

akkahai
10-31-2006, 06:17 AM
How is the pot $5 if you raised to $1.20 and got one caller?

Anyways, I had a hand like this short while ago, where I felt like an idiot for giving my stack away to flopped trips. Then I showed the hand to some people and they said it was a good play. I was like WTF, it can't be a good play.

I'm trying to explain now why this is a good play. The people at this level will play 99-QQ the same way as trips. Probably 44-77 too. If you put them on {33+, any 8} you are not a big dog anymore and the pile of money already in the pot makes it a call.

Add the not-so-little possibility this is just some weird ass bluff play, and you should be winning money /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boredom
10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
I actually like the way you played it, and of course call the turn. You can shove flop but villain's line is so often a valuebet with a worse hand drawing to 2-5 outs I don't mind making absolutely sure he doesn't get away (since villains who will lead this flop with small and medium pairs are going to put you on a draw/AK 110% of the time when you smoothcall the flop, and, being OOP, will go ahead and shove the rest in everytime they don't have air). If he checks turn you shove obv.