PDA

View Full Version : $25Max AA

Reid L
10-31-2006, 01:47 AM
Hero is BB with $44.75 and Villian is UTG+2 with $16.32. Im dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif and its raised to .60 with one caller. I reraise to 1.95. One caller folds the other calls so im heads up to the flop which is

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif with the pot at $5.10

Hero goes all in for $42.55.

what do you think of my play and how can I improve my posts to get more responses. I dont know of any hand converters that work wiht bodog so what can I add to my posts to help out.

carnivalhobo
10-31-2006, 01:57 AM
um, how about you bet 4 bucks and go from there, why the huge overbet.

Leviathan101
10-31-2006, 02:04 AM
why would you overbet here? Your play is very bad for hte long run, unless you KNOW AK is calling here. Unfortunately for you their hand range is way bigger than just AK, therefore you fold out all worse hands and no better hands fold here. (maybeeeeeeeeeeee T9. But unlikely at 25NL)

David Skalansky talks about the Fundamental Theory of Poker. To sum it up it basically says that any time they make a mistake because they don't know the cards in your hand you profit. So the idea is to play your hands so worse hands pay you off and better hands fold.

Even if you don't want to let them draw to a flush, you bet so they draw incorrectly. Lets say someone has 32h here. They have 8 outs. But THEY WILL NOT CALL FOR THEIR STACK. Therefore your play has made them make the CORRECT decsion to fold. You lose profit.

This is why you bet the pot. It's not so large that only better hands will call. Worse hands will also call and you profit from the hands worse than yours.

Read the Theory of Poker for more information about this topic.

SubaruSTiMike
10-31-2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah, even though it's draw heavy, all you need to do is price villain out of the draw and if he hits and gets your money, it's standard, we want villain to call because we're ahead and get his money. If he outdrwas you then thats poker, don't overprotect your hand.

demon102
10-31-2006, 02:08 AM
For the hand converter just post the hand history unless its to much like pokerstars, I post my UB HH here cuz no converter works with them or write it up more like the converter would write it. On the flop Id bet the size of the pot, Ive done the same thing u did on a flop I didnt like and a high stakes pro told me that Im losing value on my hand as ur unlikely to get called by many weaker hands with this oversized bet, and will get stacked by all hands that beat u.

Reid L
10-31-2006, 02:22 AM
ok, i overbet cause I wanted him to have to pay for his draw. Luckily he called with QQ and I held up. I do see your point though and will adjust. Posting hand history wouldnt work because when you copy it it gets all crazy and is impossible to read. Thanks guys.