PDA

View Full Version : Interesting poem related to gambling

Rolled Jacks
10-31-2006, 12:00 AM
Read this poem that i just wrote for a composition class and try 2 guess what it is. ALL ORIGINAL! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[For many centuries, I have been the ally and enemy of society]

For many centuries, I have been the ally and enemy of society

I have witness the fall and rise of empires, performed miracles in the desert

I have created fortunes and taken them away when I am exposed

I stare at them emotionless, yet they smile and laugh at me

My only friends are the cheats, hustlers and dealers
Yet, they never compliment me for the services that I deliver

I have destroyed lives, ruined families, ruined relationships and still they come back to me wanting more

I am the perfect whore, one that brings in money and is never exhausted from the services that I perform

Yet when I take money away, I am often cursed at, but in the end, they keep coming back for the quick pleasures and dreams they seek

I often lay with them for hours upon days and give them little in return except worthless paper

I am their secret mistress, yet they do not know

I steal time from them in which they can spend quality times with their loved ones and friends

They age from day to day, yet I do not

They will die but I could care less

I will live as long as they have a desire to achieve meaningless desires and dreams

In the end, they are the fools because they have spent their entire lives trying to enterprise me when they could of spent their lives achieving other meaningful means

October 30, 2006

Yeah, post what u think it is, i'll reveal the answer in a later post. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Actual God
10-31-2006, 12:03 AM
let me guess...gambling

FortunaMaximus
10-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Fuzzy that they are, they add up to 15.

vhawk01
10-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Also, vagina.

luckyme
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, post what u think it is, i'll reveal the answer in a later post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just postmodernist enough that when I read a poem and decide what it is ... that is what it is.

luckyme