PDA

View Full Version : Two 99 hands, back to back...

VorShot
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
So i got 99 back to back, and i think i played it well both hands.
What do you think?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.25
CO: $8
Hero: $10.50
SB: $2.25
BB: $5.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.3, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.3</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.9, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $3.05</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.85 returned to Hero.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0
Hero: $18.70
Button: $1.70
SB: $5.25
BB: $2.15

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.8, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.6</font>, SB calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>.

pokerchap
10-30-2006, 08:06 PM
hand 1 you need to bet that turn. CO is likely on a draw and you need to suck some money out of him on the turn because you are getting no river action if he bricks.

hand 2 i am not really sure about the minraise? i would just call and check turn. is this a terrible line?

VorShot
10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Wouldn't the check on the turn in Hand one, help to induce a bluff if he misses, and get his stack every time he gets there?

And in hand two, are you saying give him a free card and check/call his river bet?

Chris_ca
10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
First hand, bet the turn! Villian is drawing at the flush and will call a bet, he doesn't know you have quads.

Second hand, no need to bet the pot on the turn, bet less. WA/WB

pokerchap
10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
hand1- he is not necessarily going to bluff every time. if he has a decent or big draw he will call your tun bet everytime.

hand2- i meant to say i would call the flop and bet turn when he checks.

SubaruSTiMike
10-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah hand 1 a lot of villain won't bluff, you're goign to have to have a good read that he will in order for you to justify that line.

In hand two, not that it's a big deal but prelfop I'd bet 5 cents more, lol yeah, and then if I'm going to raise I'd do 3 times his bet and if he calls I'm going to play very carefully. The only hand that'll call is probably a Tx hand or 5x and TT+. I might check the turn because I'm going to shut down and see what villain does on the river. A free card wouldn't hutr so much becaues it's highly doubtful villain is on a draw. You can't check call his river bet because you are in position, so I would see how big he bets and call depending on the size. If you were goign to bet the 4, then call on the river for some showdown. You'll know for certain this is sometihng like 6-5 if he bets small and a monster if overpots.

VorShot
10-31-2006, 12:01 AM
So what do you think i should have raised on hand one?

1/3 pot? Give good odds to draw to the flush?

dregal
10-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Habd 2 - The turn seems like an easy check behind. This is as WA/WB as you can get...what do gain by betting? Worse hands fold, better hands call/raise etc...no?

lippy
10-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Hand 2: I pop the turn for $2.5 or so. Most villains won't lead out with trips against a pre-flop raiser. If he calls, keep the pot small. If he raises, you can fold.

VorShot
10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Hand 1: So should i have bet 1/3s pot to give flush good odds?

Hand 2: Most people don't lead out with trips, so i figured a mini raise would be a good way to see if he repops it (he doesn't have a full buyin, only less then $4 left behind.)

So i wanted to shut down the hand on the turn, because i can pretty much assume i'm Way Ahead, but there are so many cards that can come on the river that could scare my hand.