PDA

View Full Version : NL50: Respect this LAG's push?

chesspain
10-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Online, full-table. I have about $50, and the effective stacks are mostly between $30-$50, with the exception of the SB, who has more than $200. He pretty much plays any two from any position, and is somewhat tricky and aggressive post-flop, although he can lay down when he knows he is beat. I haven't played many hands, so I must seem tight to everyone.

Preflop: BB posts $0.50. chesspain is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, chesspain calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (6 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.25</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">chesspain raises to $8</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="red">SB reraises all-in to $202</font>, chesspain...

carnivalhobo
10-30-2006, 03:33 PM
your flop raise is a little too small, if you decide to raise it there, id go for something a little larger like 12. As played he would have to be insane for me to even think about calling.

dd323
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
What do you put him on a complete bluff? There are no draws on the board. This looks like the easiest laydown ever.

chesspain
10-30-2006, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your flop raise is a little too small, if you decide to raise it there, id go for something a little larger like 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

With two other players still to act, I figured that this raise amount would be more than enough to get folds out of anyone who I want to fold (e.g. overcards), while still sending the message to the SB that I have a hand.

PantsOnFire
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
You beat a bluff (and a stone cold one at that) or 77, 66, 55, 33 and 22. That's not a big range. And if this guy is a true LAG, he might have raised preflop with some of these hands, narrowing it down even further.

It would take one hell of an accurate read to call this IMHO. There is nothing a LAG likes more than hitting trips or slowplaying a big pair preflop and getting all of somebodys chips.

I say you lost $8.50 here and you should keep it that way for this hand.

ajmargarine
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Fold. I'm not even sure why you are raising there. Small pot, you limped, you got two left to act behind you, you've got one of the blinds leading into the large field on a paired board with an overcard to your pp. No set-no bet it and move on.

ImsaKidd
10-30-2006, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No set-no bet it and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ-

These types of sayings make me very very sad. You can't say something like this- there are ALWAYS situations (I think) that go against the grain.

For example- the flop comes 567 rainbow. I really dont think you just autofold this flop. Similar for a board like 222 or 336.

ajmargarine
10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Kidd,

No set/no bet is just a phrase used when talking about pocket pairs. I'm just saying this with respect to the OP's hand given the action.

--aj

PantsOnFire
10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No set-no bet it and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ-

These types of sayings make me very very sad. You can't say something like this- there are ALWAYS situations (I think) that go against the grain.

For example- the flop comes 567 rainbow. I really dont think you just autofold this flop. Similar for a board like 222 or 336.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to autofold but you have to account for resistance. And in a multiway, unraised pot, I'd only be happy with that 222 flop.

ReptileHouse
10-30-2006, 04:50 PM
I prefer raising PF to isolate the LAG, personally. Calling is fine, too, but you're primarilly playing for set value in a multi-way pot in that case.

As played, this flop is a dangerous spot to get involved. Too much risk with both an over-aggressive SB and other players left to act behind you.

Your raise is going to feel like a game of chicken to the SB. He could easilly be making that shove with ATC. He knows it's unlikely your hand is strong enough to stand up to that kind of pressure. You'll be ahead fairly often with a call, but I'm not sure it's often enough.

I prefer to just fold the flop the first time around, find a better spot and let him value bet my hand for me.

chesspain
10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer raising PF to isolate the LAG, personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

The limper wasn't the LAG.

testaaja
10-30-2006, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your flop raise is a little too small, if you decide to raise it there, id go for something a little larger like 12. As played he would have to be insane for me to even think about calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree totally with this. I'd almost have to see his holecards to make this call.