PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: TPTK OOP

Imrahil
10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Villain is unknown for the most part. I know, I should fold AJ OOP right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($17.30)
Button ($27.20)
Hero ($24.75)
BB ($10.15)
UTG ($51.65)
MP ($21.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, MP calls $3.50.

I c/r him to see if he has an overpair. I'm ready to fold if I'm re-raised. Instead he smooth calls. What does this mean? Could he be on draw? Or QJ, KJ?

Turn: ($14.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero?

[b]That five couldn't have helped him. Push and charge him for drawing or check and hope to somehow get to showdown for cheap (although with $14 in the pot the chances of that happening are slim).

EDIT: Actually, that five may have helped him if he had 97.

EDIT #2: This guy just stacked off with AQ to QQ on a 9 high board.

pdoran10
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I like betting $8 here and only folding to a super quick push. Unless you have a read on him as only raising with monsters preflop, i gotta feel we are good here a lot.

wallywojo
10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Fold preflop; don't play easily dominated hands OOP.

Imrahil
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop; don't play easily dominated hands OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking before I called. Although, I feel I can get away from when I am dominated after the flop. But since his PF raise was rather large, the pot may be just too big by the turn or river

danny8
10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Against an unknown fold pf.

lead the flop for ~$3, you very likely have the best hand and you dont want it checked through.

if called, lead the turn. folding to a raise.

As played pot controls out the window. I think you have to lead this turn for ~$10 and call a push. He could easily be on a club draw or have a weaker J.

ChipStorm
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against an unknown fold pf.

lead the flop for ~$3, you very likely have the best hand and you dont want it checked through.

if called, lead the turn. folding to a raise.

As played pot controls out the window. I think you have to lead this turn for ~$10 and call a push. He could easily be on a club draw or have a weaker J.

[/ QUOTE ]
What danny said.

The flop c/r in particular is painful to look at. Your hand is decent but not great, and needs protection given that flop, so you should lead.

BUT you check; well OK, I wouldn't, but TPTK OOP should be playing some measure of pot control, so checking isn't amazingly bad.

BUT now you've just bloated the pot with that raise; well OK, I wouldn't, but maybe the raise folds out draws or even scare out an overpair.

BUT, the raise is so pitifully small compared to pot size that every hand in creation has odds to call you.

SO, you're bloating the pot with 0 FE with a mediocre hand. Not good.