PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6max: Hit second best pair, up against LAG on tilt..

the_muppeteer
10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
1st hand after sitting down at 50NL 6max table,
observed Villain 6-7 hands before sitting down, he is clearly on tilt.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50)
UTG ($26.10)
MP ($79.60)
Button ($51.95)
SB ($45.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $7.5</font>, Hero calls $3.

<font color="blue"> I suspect him to be on a flush draw here. </font>

Turn: ($16) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($48) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $21.85 (All-In)</font>

<font color="blue"> What to do? Call/fold </font>

(My first post here, but got to start somewhere.. /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

lippy
10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Fold flop, everytime. Don't raise a naked mid pair on a monotone board.

Nothing to gain here.

Play big pots with strong hands.

Thrahl
10-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Don't try and necessarily put villains on a specific hand. Assign him a hand range. On this flop you have to fold to the 4 bet because his range has you crushed. Even against the lone Ace of Clubs its a coin flip vs your hand. But he could have also flopped a flush, 2 pair, top pair, flush draw and a pair. Your beating nothing but air. Fold and wait for a better spot.

As played on the river, fold.

pokerchap
10-30-2006, 08:14 PM
please just fold the flop. even if he is on tilt. you have mid pair terrible kicker on an insane board.

why do you assume hes on a FD?

the_muppeteer
10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the replies,

Probably shouldve folded on the flop, but his betting was "strange". Not the amounts, but the speed he raised it with.
Was instant raise, check turn, instant raise, and instant all-in on the river.. Seems like me he would hesitate a little if he had me dominated, especially if he knew his table image was crap.

I called the river, and won the pot when he showed 83o.. (so my FD read was waaay of..)
But rethinking the hand I guess I just got extremly lucky. Probably wouldve lost that hand 90% of the time. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Just had to check if I played this as stupid as i thought /images/graemlins/cool.gif