PDA

View Full Version : how to play Kx's in NL?

shirze
10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
i'm rather new to NL and i'm having trouble figuring out how to play Kx suited. i've searched but can't seem to find any info on the subject.

-specifically, i'm wondering how often i should be playing Kxs from late position, whether i should raise it on the button, etc.

-i'd also love to hear if the answer change if i'm playing 6max...

any thoughts?

Yaboosh
10-30-2006, 01:52 PM
6max and full ring are identical when it is folded to you on the button.

If I am opening on the button, I will usually open with most suited cards unless I am having trouble with one of the blinds.

kabouter
10-30-2006, 01:54 PM
In position, I raise a lot of hands, I would raise k10s for example. King with a kicker that can't make a straight aren't my favorite pair though. I would never limp with a Kx suited either, they are ok if you are in position.
I play 6max though, so this changes for 10max games I guess.
I'm also interested what other people think off a hand like K10s K9s

lippy
10-30-2006, 01:58 PM
In LP w/ standard SSNL players to my left, I raise almost any KTs/K9s... fold the rest of 'em.

ChipStorm
10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Assuming your x < 10....

FR, the only way I ever play Kxs is:
-- from BTN, for a raise, when blinds are playing tight
-- maaaaybe from CO if blinds and BTN are tight
-- vs. a limper in front who seems fishy (but capable of a fold), where I want to isolate.

The hand gives you a little something to work with if you wind up seeing a flop, but you really don't want to.

Vast bulk of the time, it's an easy fold.

carnivalhobo
10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
limping Kxs afer a ton of limpers (fr) or completing the SB with it when a bunch of people are going to the flop is ok too IMO.

4_2_it
10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
If you are comfortable folding a K-high flop then you can take more liberties with it, but in general is a fold for me unless it fold to me on the button or in the CO.