View Full Version : TT in the CO as an overpair

VorShot
10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Is this standard for 10NL?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.5, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $7.65</font>...

xwillience
10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
i might c/r all in on the turn. but yeah, it looks fine...

VorShot
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
worried a draw might check.

Grumbo
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Might be ok for $10NL, but you won't win as much at higher stakes when you move up as people won't call your very large bets as much.

VorShot
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
What kinda hands might villian have here?
Is a 6x a possible holding that i pay off?

What if the board had paired higher then 66...
say 99?

What if the turn had been an A-J?

Waingro
10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz donīt try to cr this turn without a solid read, a check behind would be disastrous. With aa or kk, fine, but tt? 2/3 of the deck is going to look scary on the river.

op,
all kinds of hands might pay you off on the turn, overcards, draws, any pair. I think with that action and that board pushing is by far your best option on the turn.

xwillience
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz donīt try to cr this turn without a solid read, a check behind would be disastrous. With aa or kk, fine, but tt? 2/3 of the deck is going to look scary on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah a check through on the turn would be bad, butits probably not going to get checked through. if villain has any intelligence hes going to bet this when we check it to him. but if you dont think villain will bet, leading is fine.

Im not overly worried about draws, thought a little bit, I think any PP 77-99 pays us off, maybe big Aces, of the board had come 959, im still not really worried. 66-88 will play the same way almost.

VorShot
10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
What would the standard line be if the turn had been an A-J OOP like this?

VorShot
10-30-2006, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump for this question.

Waingro
10-30-2006, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like to think I would still push it and on a good day I would. But it is pretty thin so c/f to a reasonable bet isnīt a bad idea either. You might still get some calls from worse hands and you protect what is still likely the best hand but that is very vulnerable.

VorShot
10-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Would you beleive that he turned over A7o, and was working on runner runner strait draw?

Jack on the river and i asked for them to ship it.

xwillience
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes we can c/r it, but basically we are getting all of our money in no matter what unless we have a read that says villain is super weak-tight and wont bet/raise unless hes made a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
and i asked for them to ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]