PDA

View Full Version : Give me questions to ask my Rep.

RutgersKev
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
My REPUBLICAN Rep. from KANSAS (uphill battle here) will be at my law school today trying to gain our votes.

What questions or statements can I pose to him showing my displeasure on this ban on online gambling.

I don't want to just simply ask "Why do you hate online gambling" because then he's just going to give his right-wing bull, I want to hit him with something substantial.

Thanks

j2zooted
10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
ask him why the horse races get the carve out. make him squirm.

4_2_it
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Ask him why he holds such little regard for your privacy?

WaimanaloSlim
10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I'd like to word this better but:

The Republican Party used to say that they believe that people should be left alone in deciding what to do with their own money. In a free market, internet poker sites would exist. Why is government intervening in the free market here?

If most adults can play online poker responsibly - they either win, or lose amounts that they are okay with - why is government prohibiting something for everyone over concerns that a small number of them lose what they can't afford? (Will government intervene on my behalf too, if I spend most of my money on stupid $hit, by prohibiting it for everyone else?)

HoldingFolding
10-31-2006, 01:27 AM
A simple 'why' question is best:

Why is online gambling on horseracing & lotteries permitted by this law?

You won't get the chance go into 'responsible adult' arguments etc. But this is a clear example of hypocrisy and completly negates the 'morality' argument for the ban.

miami32
10-31-2006, 01:40 AM
How about what evidence do they have that terroist are laundering money via party [censored] poker

DrewOnTilt
10-31-2006, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about what evidence do they have that terroist are laundering money via party [censored] poker

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I REALLY want to see an explanation of this one. So many congressmen claim this but no one has offered a bit of proof.