PDA

View Full Version : NL25 6-max. Simple TPTK hand.

restless
10-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty new to NL so please give me some feedback on this hand. It is fairly standard I guess but I usually feel lost postflop. It might serve well to get me started on postflop concepts in NL.

Villain seems loose and pretty passive. very small sample though so maybe just treat him as an unknown NL25 player.
Villain has $14, and I cover him.

a) Is the flop raise good? size?
b) I check behind on turn to keep pot size down. Pointless? Bad idea given the possible FD?

c) On the river, i'm betting (~4-5) if he checks. Is there any value in raising this?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9.1, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $13.1

pokerchap
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
imo, you should bet this turn. he can easily have 910- 9K and will call if he is a party donk. the only thing that beats you is an overpair and a 3 and these hands are very unlikely. also if he has an FD, make him pay!

ATrain
10-30-2006, 12:33 PM
I agree with what you said, but I have a few questions about what to do on the turn if a different card hit, say the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif or any K. What would you do if he leads the turn, or if he checks?