PDA

View Full Version : Called with queen high and jack high, both good (warning: minbet)

akishore
10-30-2006, 11:42 AM
10/20 six max

Hero is CO with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
BB is... bad.

..., Hero opens, ..., BB calls.

(4 sb) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

(3 bb) K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero checks.

(3 bb) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, Hero calls.

Final pot: 5 bb

BB shows 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, no good.

--

5/10 six max

Hero is Button with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif .
SB is also... bad.

..., Hero opens, SB cold-calls, BB calls.

(6 sb) A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds.

(4 bb) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

(6 bb) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, Hero calls.

Final pot: 8 bb

SB shows 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, no good.

--

Both calls were read dependent and may realistically be bad in the long run, but oh well. =)

What's the lowest you've called with and been good? Or been horrendously bad?

DING-DONG YO
10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
I once won a 25 BB pot with ten high and the hand did go to showdown. I had OESFD and villain had baby FD and was a superbluffing tilt monkey. No one's draws came in.

I have looked and looked for the HH but could never locate it.

tehDiceman
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I once won a 25 BB pot with ten high and the hand did go to showdown. I had OESFD and villain had baby FD and was a superbluffing tilt monkey. No one's draws came in.

I have looked and looked for the HH but could never locate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate that crap, im looking for a bad beat and it is missing in action. makes me wonder how many other hands havent made it into pokertracker....

PartyGirlUK
10-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Hand one is a good call and somewhat standard, hand two is nice. Ive called down with J hi quite a few times and almost always been good, which suggests I should do it more. Dont think ive called down with ten hi yet, but hope to soon.

gehrig
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
i called with j2 high and no pair on the board getting 3-1 the other day and it was good but i dont know how to convert full tilt hands

Gammastyle
10-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Called down with 87o once live. Guy was holding his cards over the table shuffling them and I could see he was holding 23s trying to bluff. Board was A469J. That was a pretty solid read through.

etizzle
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand one is a good call and somewhat standard, hand two is nice. Ive called down with J hi quite a few times and almost always been good, which suggests I should do it more. Dont think ive called down with ten hi yet, but hope to soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once u get to about T high its almost always better to raise hoping to fold out better no pair hands

LetsHugItOut
10-30-2006, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Called down with 87o once live. Guy was holding his cards over the table shuffling them and I could see he was holding 23s trying to bluff. Board was A469J. That was a pretty solid read through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.

akishore
10-30-2006, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

for real, if you know your 10 high is good, why would you not raise??

nath
10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i called with j2 high and no pair on the board getting 3-1 the other day and it was good but i dont know how to convert full tilt hands

[/ QUOTE ]
bingo (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/)

Gammastyle
10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

for real, if you know your 10 high is good, why would you not raise??

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, he had pushed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PartyGirlUK
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once u get to about T high its almost always better to raise hoping to fold out better no pair hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure this is right. I can think of situations where you would be right to call w Ten hi and raising would be def be wrong.