PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Poker 750$ max 100% deposit bonus. Easy/Hard?

SilentNoise
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
the details of this are on the absolutepoker.com. Just wanted to know how easy it was to finish this promotion in time.

I am a winning player at the 50NL level (0.25/0.50$), while 4 tabling for 6 hours a day (i plan to be). At this amount of hours, will it be easy to finish? How long will it take roughly you think? Im new to this whole deposit bonus thing.

jonyy6788
10-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, first make sure you are getting rakeback. I've put in 60 table hours at NL50 6max(you put in 24 per day) and I've cleared about $80 in bonus. You'd make about $32/day in bonus according to my stats. It would take you roughly 23 days or so.

The great thing about Absolute is you will never play there without a bonus, they have reloads every week, so if you like the site/competition then you are set!

Lawman
10-30-2006, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The great thing about Absolute is you will never play there without a bonus, they have reloads every week, so if you like the site/competition then you are set!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - I wouldn't worry about finishing there's always an Absolute reload. The main question is whether the hourly rate is worth it.

The rakeback point is important too since Absolute does not deduct bonuses from MGR. In other words, you get credited the full bonus AND rake concurrently.

Suigin406
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
i've been clearing this initial bonus...at 1/2, it doesn't go too bad 4 tabling for like 2 hours a day...i would imagine it's much harder at ur limits...that being said, note what the others have said here as they offer reloads constantly, so don't get too caught up with it...just make sure u get rakeback...

jonyy6788
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
It should also be noted that the bonus releases in $10 increments

SilentNoise
10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
what exactly are these reload bonuses?

if i deposit 750 or whatever, do i have to clear the whole 750 to get any bonus? or can i clear 400$ worth in the time allocated and still keep my bonus of 400$? Or do you HAVE TO clear everything you deposit to get any deposit bonus?

kidpokeher
10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
It releases in increments of $10 for every 100 points you accumulate. You need the pot to be raked at least $10 in order to collect a point so you'll need to decide if it's worth it at 50NL since a lot of pots won't hit the $10 mark. You have 60 days to clear it but you won't lose any of the bonus you have already accumulated.

Roadstar
10-31-2006, 01:37 PM
How are the games at 50NL nowadays? I haven't played there in like a year.

jonyy6788
10-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Decent if you practice table selection... the averages in the time I've put in there were 35VPIP/9.5PFR at 6max NL50. Pots are a little bit smaller than other sites I've play at $9.15 average. Most of the people are so passive I never know what they have and then I get stacked when I have AQ flop AA3 and they have limped AK on the button. It's a beatable game though.

FiveAce
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
I am also a 50NL player and I just signed up at Absolute. I play short handed (6 person tables). First Absolute has the buy in for NL games at a max of 200 times the big blind and not 100 times. So a max buy in of 50 will have blinds at .25 (big blind) and .10 (small blind). At the 6 player max tables there are plenty of loose games available. I have easily been able to find pre flop table readings of the 50% range. These games are very beatable. They are loose/passive. You can also steal pots by making bets on the flop. Just look out for any players at your table who are not capable of folding. So far I have noticed that players at Absolute are more capable of folding than the players at Party. So my strategy is pretty simple. Try to pick up a few pots by stealing while waiting for a good trapping hand (like a mid to low pair and go for a set), then try to stack someone.

As far as the bonus goes, it will be difficult to clear at the 50nl level. The bonus is released in $10 increments. You receive $10 for every 100 points you earn. You get 1 point for each pot raked at .50 or more (so the pot needs to hit $10 before it is raked). You will get credit for the point as long as you are dealt cards. You do not have to contribute to the pot to get credit for the point. So if you fold then you still get the point. It took me approx 900-1000 hands to get the first $10. This is an approximation. I could be off on this figure. But I am trying to point out that it will be difficult to clear the entire bonus at this level. That should not be a problem though. I hear Absolute has frequent bonuses and there should never be a time you are not playing under a bonus. So the bonus expiring before clearing it all is not a big deal as you be given another reload bonus shortly.

Very Important to note. You need to make sure you get rake back at Absolute when signing up. At absolute, bonuses do not count against your rake back. So you can play at absolute and receive rake back plus any bonus you can clear. I went through an affilate called rakereduction.com to get rake back. Just pick whatever affilate you like.

I have been playing on Absolute for 4 days and have been very satisfied so far. Absolute is known for having tighter/better players. The players are better at the higher limits but at the 50NL level the games are still soft and easily beatable. I encourage you to give it a try unless the slow clearance of the bonus is an issue for you.