PDA

View Full Version : JJ OOP 50NL

orange
01-02-2006, 04:02 PM
$.25/.50 NL homegame, 5 handed. Game has been winding down and there are some big stacks. Hero has been cold carded and has been having a rough time.

Hero has been playing TAG, stack about $55.

Villan is a LAG and has $100. He will open with a wide variety of hands and is aggressive postflop. He respects me usually however, and will reraise with AJ/AQ/AK/JJ/QQ/KK/AA and sometimes a few lower holdings.

PF: Hero opens in EP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif for $3. MP folds. Villan reraises to $11. All fold to hero, who calls $8. 2 to the flop.

Flop: ($22.75) 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero....

Whats the plan?

Fallen Hero
01-02-2006, 04:05 PM
will villain fold AJ+ if you bet out? If he does bet, if he doesn't check/fold

orange
01-02-2006, 04:18 PM
If I make something like a $15ish bet, Villan will call with most ATC and probobly raise most of the time. He will bet if checked to. This situation sucks.

Cosimo
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I make something like a $15ish bet, Villan will call with most ATC and probobly raise most of the time. He will bet if checked to. This situation sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it sounds like the time to fold is preflop. If the only flop that's gonna be easy to play is J72, ie undercards no good and overs no good, then JJ is just yet another mid pocket pair for set mining.

I'd bet 2/3rds at this pot and put no more money in after that.

Fallen Hero
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it sounds like the time to fold is preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't realize the stacks were $55 and blinds .25/.50, I
just assumed .5/1 looking at the bets.
I agree this is a fold pf.

HoldenFoldem
01-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Try to control bet size and limp it home, unless you improve. Don't let him have any free cards , but if bets get over 1/2 pot size fold.

orange
01-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks for responses.

Hero bets $15. Villan raises to $45, putting hero in. Hero folds. Maybe I should have folded PF.

Once again, thanks for responses.