PDA

View Full Version : Stars FPPs

Jibba
10-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I've heard a bunch of people say that the Stars FPP program is as close as you can get to RB there. I like the games and software over there but hate their lack of bonuses. Can someone tell me if it's worth it for a fairly regular 3/6 FL and 1/2 NL player? Seems like it would take awhile to get into the upper levels of the VIP program and I don't really know if it's worth it or if I should stick with places with bonuses/RB.

HSB
10-28-2006, 01:59 PM
They have recently changed the way they award the FPPs to make it much more palatable at the 1/2 NL level or even the .5/1 level. I think you'd be fine there.

1C5
10-28-2006, 02:10 PM
But they also seem to be taking away the amazon GCs which were some of the best things in the store.

MicroBob
10-28-2006, 03:26 PM
whether to do it or not depends on the individual and how much you intend on playing.

There's nothing wrong with checking it out and seeing how you like the gmaes and how quickly you are able to acculate points at your current stakes and number of tables.

If you are only 1 tabling 3/6 full-ring limit for 8 hours a week then I suspect you would be better off on another site.
On Stars you would probably not even make gold-level with so little play.

If you are 6-tabling 2/4 or 3/6 limit for 35 hours a week then you would easily make platinum and it would at least BEGIN to be worthwhile.

But for straight-up RB and bonus-stuff for a non-supernova type player you can obviously make a pretty decent rate at WSEX or AP or even FT.

IMO, if you're not going to play enough to make platinum then the low-stakes cash-games probably aren't worth it on Stars.
I think it's pretty easy to make platinum. But YMMV of course.

bkellog1
10-28-2006, 03:45 PM
I play NL100 and easily make Gold and come close to platinum. What are the new FPP rules? I have noticed ive been getting more than usual.

HSB
10-28-2006, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play NL100 and easily make Gold and come close to platinum. What are the new FPP rules? I have noticed ive been getting more than usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically you get a FPP when the rake reaches .40 and a second one if you're at a six max table and it reaches 2