PDA

View Full Version : Question about being able to play poker is the US

Cactus Cactus
10-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi,
I am from Brazil. My bank account, house, family, and poker accounts are all registeredin Brazil. Will I still be poker from the United States?

mpslg
10-27-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm an American, I live in America and I can play poker here. I think you'll be fine.

Zele
10-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Not at Party Poker.

Lego05
10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
You can at Stars.

Backspin20
10-30-2006, 07:00 PM
How does PP benifit from closing out US players? It the legislation doesnt affect the actual playing of online poker, then why close? Im assuming we need a lawyers take? thanks

flafishy
10-30-2006, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does PP benifit from closing out US players? It the legislation doesnt affect the actual playing of online poker, then why close? Im assuming we need a lawyers take? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you can still use the play-money tables at PP if that's your cup of tea.

The actual playing of poker isn't illegal in most states but the direct electronic transfer of funds is.

BigBiceps
10-30-2006, 07:20 PM
If you notice that all the companies that closed US operations are publicly traded companies on the British stock exchange. All (or almost all) privately held companies did not close US operations.

The main examples of public company closings are Party, Bwin(ie. Ongame/Pokerroom), 888.com (Pacific), and Paradise.

Still good traffic at PS, FT, UB, and others. This will be the new big 3, as PTY and PR did permanent damage to their businesses.

IMO what they did was stupid, and should have spun-off or sold the US portion of their business so they could retain their player base. As it stands those 3 companies did irreversible damage to themselves.

jackpotworld
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Hello,

I you can play almost at every poker sites. Hope that helps

Richas
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO what they did was stupid, and should have spun-off or sold the US portion of their business so they could retain their player base. As it stands those 3 companies did irreversible damage to themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO what the US legislators did was stupid, protectionist and did a lot of harm to the shareholders of these companies, the managers did what was required of listed companies, the problem was in Washington not London or Gibraltar.