PDA

View Full Version : My Protest Vote - Write-In Chris "Jesus" Ferguson for Congress

BS Yee
10-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I live in Santa Monica in the 30th Congressional District. Henry Waxman (D) is the long time incumbent. Earlier this year I wrote him and Sen. Diane Feinstein (D) about the gambling bill. They both wrote back and said they supported banning online gambling.

I am filling out my absentee ballot right now and I will be writing in Chris Ferguson of Pacific Palisades for the 30th Congressional District. Unfortunately, he has to be recognized as an "official" write in candidate so the vote will not count. I will vote Libertarian in the Senate race.

If anyone else is in the 30th Congressional District, I would love to put on a "Draft Jesus" campaign for the '08 election. There's some paperwork that has to be filed to be an official write-in candidate. I doubt Chris would approve of this but the point would be to get 1,000 write in votes which would get someone's attention.

wiper
10-27-2006, 07:16 PM
i once 'wasted' a vote on dennis kucinich in the democratic presidential primaries here in ohio a couple years ago..

i promise you, this time, i won't be 'wasting' my vote on jesus..

i'll use mine on voting against the people that voted for the safe port act.

pifhluk
10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
[/ QUOTE ]
"i'll use mine on voting against the people that voted for the safe port act. "

[/ QUOTE ]

so who exactly are you going to vote for then?

ericicecream
10-27-2006, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone else is in the 30th Congressional District, I would love to put on a "Draft Jesus" campaign for the '08 election. There's some paperwork that has to be filed to be an official write-in candidate. I doubt Chris would approve of this but the point would be to get 1,000 write in votes which would get someone's attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should get Chris' okay on this first.

ericicecream
10-27-2006, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"i'll use mine on voting against the people that voted for the safe port act. "

[/ QUOTE ]

so who exactly are you going to vote for then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess e could vote for the challengers, people who would have voted for the safe port act if they had the chance.

Safe Ports = +EV whether you realize it or not.

Safe Ports > Internet Gambling

The question is whether the incumbent would have voted for UIGEA if it were a stand-alone bill.

wmspringer
10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i'll use mine on voting against the people that voted for the safe port act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be everybody?
Vote against the party that feels must-pass antiterrorism measures are an appropriate place for anti-gambling legislation.