PDA

View Full Version : Green Plastics UB theorem wtf?

RollinHand
10-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Maybe this has been posted already but anyways, I'm watching one of Green Plastics Cardrunners.com videos.
He folds AcTc to a raise and the flop comes all clubs.
This is what he says:

Scroll down, link deleted.

AlwaysAir
10-27-2006, 06:40 PM
when im not busy not paying people for website, I dont like dl'ing viruses either

keikiwai
10-27-2006, 06:42 PM
y don't u just write down wtf he says

dibbs
10-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I watched this video and thought it was funny he mentioned it, I remember there being lots of threads about this a while back although I think it was about Stars RNG.

I think I remember it being true Im really not sure though, I imagine someone will popup with a link.

Evenkeal
10-27-2006, 06:49 PM
GP claims that the RNG calculates different cards depending on the # of players seeing the flop, so that when he flops the nuts it doesnt bother him, as by seeing the flop different cards would have come out (unlike live poker where folding what would have been the nuts preflop actually cost you on that hand because the flops dont change depending on preflop action.)

This is a stupid thread

citanul
10-27-2006, 06:51 PM
not only is this thread stupid, but if what you've uploaded is the audio from his video, you're violating his copyright in a pretty blatant manner.

citanul

Taylor Caby
i was told by annie duke a few years ago that the algorithm that determines the next card (flop/turn/river) is based on many factors, some of which have to do with amount of players left in the hand and other things that change based on your actions.

so, you basically have no idea what the flop would have been if you had stayed in or folded or whatever. its actually a good thing, as paying attention to stuff like that can drive you crazy and cause you to develop bad habits.

tc

RollinHand
Because it's funnier to hear him say it...

Are you sure you guys dare to read it tho, you might get a virus IN YOUR EYES! lol...

Alright, here's what he says after Folding AT of clubs.
Flop comes something like: Kc7c4c

GP: That would have been a nice flop for me
I'm not positive if this is true but I'm almost certain that on UltimateBet the algorithm that determines the flop is based on how many players stay in the hand and sees the flop.
So basicly what I'm saying is that if you see a flop and you folded two clubs and the flop comes all clubs, it wouldn't have been the same flop if you stayed in the hand.
Don't let that bother you it's not like real poker where if you had stayed in you would have had the best hand.

//

Edit: I type slow
Ok go ahead and delete the thread if you want wasn't too sure about the copyright thing... but geez, This thread sents of Grumpy old men...

enjoy

vhawk01
10-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Seriously, it bothers you when you see a flop that would have been good for your hand?

Yer the guy who always says "ZOMG I FOLDED THE Q3 FULL HOUSE NO WAI!!!" aren't you?

KRANTZ
10-27-2006, 06:53 PM
this is one of the dumbest threads ive ever seen

Nielsio
10-27-2006, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because it's funnier to hear him say it...

Are you sure you guys dare to read it tho, you might get a virus IN YOUR EYES! lol...

Alright, here's what he says after Folding AT of clubs.
Flop comes something like: Kc7c4c

GP: That would have been a nice flop for me
I'm not positive if this is true but I'm almost certain that on UltimateBet the algorithm that determines the flop is based on how many players stay in the hand and sees the flop.
So basicly what I'm saying is that if you see a flop and you folded two clubs and the flop comes all clubs, it wouldn't have been the same flop if you stayed in the hand.
Don't let that bother you it's not like real poker where if you had stayed in you would have had the best hand.

//

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh wait, I don't get it.

Taylor Caby
10-27-2006, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not only is this thread stupid, but if what you've uploaded is the audio from his video, you're violating his copyright in a pretty blatant manner.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, im not going to cancel your account due to the free advertising, but please don't copy our stuff anymore.

absoludicrous
10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
RollinHand -

Dude. There's no reason to get upset when you fold and would have flopped the nuts. It's not a big deal man. Relax.

flipdeadshot22
10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was told by annie duke a few years ago that the algorithm that determines the next card (flop/turn/river) is based on many factors, some of which have to do with amount of players left in the hand and other things that change based on your actions.

so, you basically have no idea what the flop would have been if you had stayed in or folded or whatever. its actually a good thing, as paying attention to stuff like that can drive you crazy and cause you to develop bad habits.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this makes no sense at all.

RollinHand
10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, it bothers you when you see a flop that would have been good for your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, thanks for missing my point.
I just sounded weird that the flop would be different because I fold preflop.

grando
10-27-2006, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

you're joking, right?

roommate
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
tsk tsk

absoludicrous
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

you're joking, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

So then UB is rigged? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

FortunaMaximus
10-27-2006, 07:11 PM
lol, what isn't?

iSTRONG
10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
FWIW I've heard that the mean of all players' mouse movements is another factor used to generate the seed for the RNG. So next time you're all-in and need to hit an Ace, shake ur mouse vigorously to increase the probability of a high card coming down.

rebuyboy
10-27-2006, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I've heard that the mean of all players' mouse movements is another factor used to generate the seed for the RNG. So next time you need you're all-in and need to hit an Ace, shake ur mouse vigorously to increase the probability of a high card coming down.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

kassdog
10-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Actually I do think that this is how the cards are figured out. I'm talking about the completely random. So it really doesn't know what cards are coming til they come. Otherwise there would be someone who can hack into the system and see what the board would look like. I think that I think that was to make me feel better when I do fold the nuts preflop.

mason55
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Some sites use a continuous shuffle (ie the cards are constantly being shuffled) and use "random" things like mouse movement, keyboard movement, as entropy for the RNG, so yes, you can affect the cards that come by shaking your mouse.

Other sites don't use the continuous shuffle. You have to shake your mouse correctly before the hole cards are dealt to get pocket aces.

RollinHand
10-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Cool, kinda like dice!