PDA

View Full Version : Dual Poker Citizenship and possibly getting around the US Ban

LacquDown
10-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I am a Canadian presently living in the United States to attend graduate school. I only recently took up poker as a hobby, but got hooked rather quickly. My attempts to build a bankroll have been hindered by the fact that NETeller won't give me an account unless I call them from a Canadian phone number (as i have no U.S. SSN). I was under the impression that I would be allowed to use my American bank account once I made the call from Canada, but now with the ban, I'm not sure I want to do that. Could I use my Canadian bank account and residence (still listed at my old landlord's address) and be able to bonus whore on sites than ban Americans? However, would NETeller not accept the monies I've accumulated on sites with my American address? I'm finally returning to Canada tomorrow, so I'd appreciate any and all feedback or suggestions anyone has to offer.

Thanks!!

stefluv1104
10-27-2006, 01:37 PM
the problem with your attempt would be in the major fact you'd be playing from a US IP which is mainly what the poker sites will be blocking and not the actual address you sign up from.

LacquDown
10-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Okay, I had managed to play a freeroll on Interpoker using my old Canadian address and won money when it had supposedly banned US players before. Do Party and Paradise IP ban Americans?

Further, would it be possible to play and clear bonuses in Canada while visiting family, and desposit it into my American Neteller account?

I've never been allowed to have a Neteller account before, so forgive me if my questions are naive.