PDA

View Full Version : If you can give a little money to try to defeat Jon Kyl

Uglyowl
10-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Even if it is $5 or $10, I think if enough do this we can send a message.

http://www.actblue.com/page/pokerplayers

Although it is still an outside shot, the polls are starting to get closer. If Kyl goes down it would be huge for online poker.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/senate/az/arizona_senate_race-35.html

2easy
10-26-2006, 10:29 PM
done.

contribution sent.

as regards the legislation forum thread suggesting a contribution to the lady in missouri, i think contributions to kyl's opponent is more "to the point."

perhaps crossposting there wouldnt be bad.

Uglyowl
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
done.

contribution sent.

as regards the legislation forum thread suggesting a contribution to the lady in missouri, i think contributions to kyl's opponent is more "to the point."

perhaps crossposting there wouldnt be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to get the internet gambling forum aware and they moved it back to here. Sheeesh.

2easy
10-26-2006, 10:43 PM
the ZOOOOO!!!!

guess it's a case of, "what else would ya expect."

Uglyowl
10-26-2006, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the ZOOOOO!!!!

guess it's a case of, "what else would ya expect."

[/ QUOTE ]

True, they have bots to catch, cashout delays to discuss, and next Thursdays reload to deal with. Why discuss something that is not important /images/graemlins/confused.gif

brendanb438
10-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Shiat, I have bet a bunch already on Kyl at -300 odds to win that senate race. Sorry can't help here.

-Brendan

Uglyowl
10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shiat, I have bet a bunch already on Kyl at -300 odds to win that senate race. Sorry can't help here.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was the moron who gave you those odds?

ChexNFX
10-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Contribution complete. It hasn't updated it yet, does it have to clear in your bank account before they get it on the page?

Uglyowl
10-27-2006, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Contribution complete. It hasn't updated it yet, does it have to clear in your bank account before they get it on the page?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a contribution for $15 went through from the last #'s I wrote down.

ChexNFX
10-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Alright good. I am poor. Something is better than nothing though right?

coachkf
10-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Poker Players against Kyl is the #1 donating group on the ActBlue site for Pederson, in terms of total $$ given. #2 for total number of donations. Let's keep 'em coming.

http://www.actblue.com/entity/fundraisers/8827

Uglyowl
10-27-2006, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright good. I am poor. Something is better than nothing though right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great! If everyone were to give $10 that would be quite a messgae /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kevstreet
10-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is the very best way to contribute to our cause but this looks as good as any.

Hince
10-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Can a Canadian donate?

crzylgs
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
I gave monies.

And sorry Mr. Canadian, US citizens/resident aliens only.

addictontilt
10-27-2006, 02:52 PM
WTG ALL, NH all, THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT WE MUST SEND!!!

sing it again and again my brothers!!!!!

KitKat
10-27-2006, 03:16 PM
We just broke $4k!!! I donated $10 and it felt great! Anything I can do to hurt Kyl gives me pleasure!!!

sonny black
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm in for $20 my position is that Frist and Kyl should never be allowed in an office of our government again. This should have been the focus from day one. Once candidates know not to mess with us they will find better things to do.

pifhluk
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Even $5 will help, I think the number of donators is more important than the amount right now, get your friends, wife, parents anyone, even just $1.

coachkf
10-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Knocking on the door of 5k, and spittin' distance from having the most contributors.

Forgo that fatmac w/fries, and let's see how high this thing can go.

Uglyowl
10-28-2006, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Knocking on the door of 5k

[/ QUOTE ]

29 donations for $5,340!

yukoncpa
10-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, I just contributed my 2 cents and became the 30th donor to Poker Players against Kyl. What an awesome name. Even if this does absolutely no good, it's a great protest vote to let people know we can't be messed with. HelpWesPac now has 37 donors, I'd like to see ours on the top of the list. Just donate 1 dollar if that's all you have.

pifhluk
10-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Don't let this thread die, donate even just a $1 it will take 5 min of your day.

Uglyowl
10-28-2006, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't let this thread die, donate even just a $1 it will take 5 min of your day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wish twoplustwo (the company) could get behind something, (maybe this is it now, maybe it isn't for the time being) and put a sticky up everywhere.

This thread started in internet gambling to tell them what was going on and they moved it back here? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

kevstreet
10-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I'll be perfectly honest, I only donated $5 but I feel good about it nonetheless.

Uglyowl
10-28-2006, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be perfectly honest, I only donated $5 but I feel good about it nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 68,394 registered users of twoplustwo. If everyone who is an American donated $5-10 it would be a great message.

IndyFish
10-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Just pitched in my $15. Nice to see that Poker Players are dominating the donations. Still short 3 (to WesPac) on number of contributors though...

pifhluk
10-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Took over the first spot! 40 donors - $5,640. Keep it coming.

ravenfan1733
10-29-2006, 11:05 AM
I just donated $20.

Sixth_Rule
10-29-2006, 11:13 AM
wish i could help but i am canadian

I think a couple of you guys should work on the Zoo again with a link. Alot of people are looking for somthing to get behind on this issue.

autobet
10-29-2006, 11:26 AM
What is the zoo?

NorthDakota
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Check out today's Arizona Star from Tucson and notice the comment from KYL's PR Man...

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/153358

Every Database in Arizona should be utilized and each person in the database should be contacted 10 times!!!

faustusmedea
10-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Kyl PR man Andy Chasin dismissed the industry's flexing.
"They have the same right to vote, but if you look at the demographics …" he said, drifting into a long pause before changing the subject.
The pause implied that perhaps gamblers aren't the most diligent voters.
Mark Bergman, Pederson's top campaign spinmeister, had an interesting twist on the issue, somehow tying it to Kyl's support of the war in Iraq.
"He spent his time working on online gambling instead of the war in Iraq," he said.

Unfortunately both of these guys have it right. If there are billions being spent at online poker, its hard to understand a couple of days and only a few thousand dollars. Still something is better than nothing and we need to hope AZ players will prove him wrong at the polls.

The second guy nails it though; there has to be at least 10 major issues with national importance well beyond online gambling. Hopefully folks recognize Kyl is wasting his office on this silliness instead of say spending the last 4 years to try and succeed over there in the cradle of civilization. How do you explain to a fallen soldier's family it was more important to ban poker than put armor on a humvee????

NorthDakota
10-29-2006, 02:11 PM
The Comment by Andy Chasin is another poke in the eye!!!

It's like having bulletin board material and having no Bulletin Board to pin it to...

If the PPA is the lead dog they should have People 2 deep in Arizona right now... Arizona State in Tempe and the U of Arizona in Tucson should be covered...

Are they???

Most likely not...

Do you know how I know the Poker Community is not doing enough... I have accounts on 3 sites... I play in a poker league in my home state of North Dakota... I'm registered on this forum... That's 5 different Databases that I can be reached at and I have not recieved a single E-mail...

Once again... It's Bulletin Board material with no Bulletin Board to pin it on...

Moneyline
10-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I just made a post over at pocket fives about this. If we can post links on other forums, we might be able to get more people to donate.

Uglyowl
10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"They have the same right to vote, but if you look at the demographics …" he said, drifting into a long pause before changing the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to show these [censored] that conventional wisdom is wrong and they need to listen to everyone.

There seems to be little fear about the efforts us poker players can mount. Unfortunately they may be correct. If the college students made an effort to vote, Kyl should be very afraid, but this has never been the case.

wmspringer
10-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Dunno what my ten bucks will do this close to the election, but I guess every little bit helps...how much does tv advertising cost in Arizona?

critikal
10-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Kyl's advertisements here (Arizona) say that he helped write the Patriot Act, anyone know how true this statement is?

yukoncpa
10-29-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's 5 different Databases that I can be reached at and I have not recieved a single E-mail...

[/ QUOTE ]

That may soon change as soon as Mason releases his statement.

wmspringer
10-29-2006, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kyl's advertisements here (Arizona) say that he helped write the Patriot Act, anyone know how true this statement is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my opinion of the Patriot Act, I'm willing to take his word for it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BlackAndRed
10-30-2006, 01:22 AM
I gave my $10, becoming the 48th donor. This has been my only political contribution of the season.

No one would have expected the lead to be only 5-6%. Let's hope the gap continues to close.

HighStakesPro
10-30-2006, 01:47 AM
we have around 50 donors most of them average $10, 10x50=$500, did someone donate $5K??? grats to hwoever made the large donations. I'm thinking of donating money too, I just want to make sure though, it's not too late for them to spend this money in time for the elction right?

HighStakesPro
10-30-2006, 01:55 AM
One other thing, has Jim Pederson has stated his opposition to anti-online gambling legislation? I would assume so but I hope this has been confirmed.

wmspringer
10-30-2006, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we have around 50 donors most of them average $10, 10x50=$500, did someone donate $5K??? grats to hwoever made the large donations. I'm thinking of donating money too, I just want to make sure though, it's not too late for them to spend this money in time for the elction right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered that as well, but I got a fundraising letter just this week from another candidate I donated to...if nothing else, they could provide vans to drive people to the polls on election day who don't have transportation otherwise. Since poorer people tend to vote democratic, that could make quite a bit of difference.

I've never given money to a political campaign before, but the republicans have been ticking me off so much lately that this year I felt I had to.

jlkrusty
10-30-2006, 02:21 AM
I just donated $20.

Poker players have got to take a stand. Looking at the polls, I realized that Jon Kyl's margin has dropped from 20%+ down to 6%. If the polls continue in thier current direction, Jon Kyl may soon find himself behind.

So, what can we do to keep the polls moving in thier cuurent direction? Our donations will help. This is a great chance to get our voice heard!

Many of we poker players wished we would have done more before the anti online gambling law. Let's not make the same mistake again. We need to do something now, and this is a perfect opportunity for all of us to do something. There really is no excuse for any of us. We can all take the 1 minute it takes and make a donation. I don't know how it can get any more simple.

*As a side note, I've voted republican/libertarian most of my life. But, this is not about political parties. This is about an issue that is important to all of us. This is about getting our voice heard! This is us telling the politicians that this issue is so important that it supercedes party lines. So, one more time, go make a donation now.

Howard Beale
10-30-2006, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not too late to spend any donations and I'm sure Pederson would welcome them however small but it still doesnt' look good for his chances.

Current poll results (http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2006/Sen_graphs/arizona.html)

jlkrusty
10-30-2006, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not too late to spend any donations and I'm sure Pederson would welcome them however small but it still doesnt' look good for his chances.

Current poll results (http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2006/Sen_graphs/arizona.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not just about who wins this race. The online gambling bill may have enough loopholes that we can play indefinately. If we can show that poker players will fight against those who put more barriers up, we might curtail any further legislation that closes the loopholes. We can also start building support for getting a carveout or some other exception within the newly passed law. To do this, we have to be able to show that we do make a difference. Of the ActBlue Pederson contributors, notice how quickly we have risen to the top:

http://www.actblue.com/entity/fundraisers/8827

So, even if Kyl wins, if we get enough donators, we can still persuade politicians that we are not a "do-nothing group!" We can show other democrats that we were able to raise a significant amount of money in just a couple weeks, and urge them to support our cause. And, we can show Republicans that they better be careful about infringing on online gambling because if we raised this much in 2 weeks, imagine what we could do in 6 months!

So, this has more do with who actually wins this race. This has everything to do with getting our voice heard.

Now, as to whether Pederson can actually win, of course he can. Polls showed Kyl as a 20% favorite a year ago. Polls now show him only as a 6% favorite. That is not an insurmountable difference. Now, imagine if Pederson did pull off the upset? Imagine that "Poker Players Against Kyl" remained the top (or one of the top) contributors of ActBlue contributors? I think we'd finally have our voice recognized, and we'd finally have a solid senatorial ally. How much more clout would we have then?

Uglyowl
10-30-2006, 03:37 AM
I really hope Kyl is having a few sleepless nights. Much more work has to be done, but hopefully things continue to break our way and this upset can happen.

A big factor is our "unlikely voters" (mostly young and/or minorities) turn to "likely voters".

Margin of Sampling Error for this question = ± 4.6%

48% Kyl (R)
43% Pederson (D)
4% Mack (L)
6% Undecided

cowboyzfan
10-30-2006, 04:42 AM
how would it be huge for online poker? does his opponent stand up for online poker? would the opponent care that online poker types sent a few thousand dollars? I am no Kyl fan, but the opponent of the devil is not always an angel. If i am going to give money to a losing campaign, at least let me give it to someone who says they will repeal the online gambling ban.

5thStreetHog
10-30-2006, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how would it be huge for online poker? does his opponent stand up for online poker? would the opponent care that online poker types sent a few thousand dollars? I am no Kyl fan, but the opponent of the devil is not always an angel. If i am going to give money to a losing campaign, at least let me give it to someone who says they will repeal the online gambling ban.

[/ QUOTE ]Hail Bush!!! and every other republican in office.We know bro we`ve read your posts before.The idea that you would even question how it would help online poker to remove Kyl from office is amazing.My guess is that if he was a democrat you`d be leading the parade.

cowboyzfan
10-30-2006, 05:58 AM
you can real my "other posts" ( i have posted here for years) to your heart's content. I still say, what i have been saying all along in this recent discussion, that few if any Democrats have stood up for online gambling and said they would change the law.

the fact is that Democratic operatives have used this site recently to get poker players to support their leaders. The reasons are not based on trying to "save poker" but to elect Democrats and all that comes with that. I am sure many take their claims at face value and are giving money to an unknown for pure reasons. Yet the fact remains, Democratic operatives are trying to use 2+2ers to get political vicotories and bring in a leftist agenda.

Again, i think Kyl sucks. I am against Kyle, Goodlatte, and Frist. Yet, i realize the world is complicated and electing a bunch of elitist big government tax lovers will do ZERO for online poker. We need to support libertarian leaning politicos, most of which are members of the Republican Party.

jlkrusty
10-30-2006, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Hail Bush!!! and every other republican in office.We know bro we`ve read your posts before.The idea that you would even question how it would help online poker to remove Kyl from office is amazing.My guess is that if he was a democrat you`d be leading the parade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cowboy, the point is that we need to get our voice out. This is one of the best ways I have seen of doing this. To me, it doesn't matter if Pederson is an angel (since I don't believe any politicians are angels anyhow--there's no such thing). What does matter to me is getting our voice out. This is a great opportunity for doing that!

There was another post on the Talent vs. McCaskil race in Missouri:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=2#Post7770567 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7770567&an=0&page=2#Post 7770567)

The idea in that post was to contribute enough to show that poker players do make a difference. Please read through that entire post for further explanation on getting our voice out. This is a similar situation, but I believe our voice will be emphasized better in this race for the following reasons:

1. In Talent vs. McCaskel, it is harder to show a link between the candidates and our issues. It is true that the legislation went through under a republican led congress, but it is also true that a majority of democrats supported this bill. So, strictly blaming one party is probably going too far. However, here we do have a direct link: Kyl sponsered the anti-online gambling bill! How does it get any more direct than that.

2. In this case, we have a good tracking mechanism to show exactly how much we are contributing as a sign of our opposition to the person that sponsored the anti-online gambling bill. Later, we will be able to direct politicians (both republican and democrat) to the tracking web site! We can show politicians that our voice does matter. We can show that anyone that tries to take our rights away (regardless of whether they are republican or democrat) are going to gain enemies! That's huge!

3. If Pederson pulls off the upset, he is going to be grateful to anyone who helped him. If the poker community donated say $25,000 to him in the name of opposing Kyl, and several of us remind him of this via correspondence, do you really think Pederson is going to crucade against online poker like Kyl has done? Come on! Think about it. This is so basic.

If you are still not convinced, please goto the McCaskill link above. Show all the posts flat. Then, do a search for "Kyl" in that post.

BTW, there is one thing I agree with you on, and that is that Bush could probably care less one way or the other. In fact, a lot of politicians probably don't care too much. And, this is exactly why we need to get our voice out. We need politicians to start caring.

Finally, please know that I have voted Republican/Libertarian pretty much my whole life. But, this issue goes beyond that. Right now, it is much more important that our voice is heard.

If any of you feel as I do, please make whatever donation you can against Kyl. Also, talk to others about this. I just talked to a friend (also a republician) who agreed with me and made a small donation to Pederson. This is a golden opportunity; poker players should not let this one pass by. Here's the link:

cowboyzfan
10-30-2006, 06:22 AM
JLK, i appreciate your desire and tenacity. For that reason I will look into this, and if i think Pederson is the better candidate, I will throw him a few tokes. However, if I do not see in black and white that he plans to repeal this ban, I must take a few more questions into accout. Some of these questions will be: Do i want to weaken to War on Terror? Do i want the capital gains tax cuts reversed? Do I want the chance to to end the "Death Tax" killed? etc.

seriously, I respect your view. I am a Repubican (not registered) but I vote all parties and support all that support liberty and the Constitution.

Uglyowl
10-30-2006, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon Kyl #1 project has been online gambling for this entire decade if not longer.

I have to head off to work, but I have read elsewhere he wants to go even further than they already have.

It has been discussed that Pederson is neutral at this point on online gambling and thought it has been a waste of time to attack it.

We know we could have public enemy #1 on the ropes right now, so lets go after him.

kevstreet
10-30-2006, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Jon Kyl #1 project has been online gambling for this entire decade if not longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

So sad...

addictontilt
10-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Here is the spin boys - and its an easy one - These contributions are about sending a message. That message is this - if you do shady things in congress, we will vote you out. This bill was snuck thru, and none of the imcumbents did anything, get em out.

cgm93
10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
I tossed in my $25...I'd love to see him booted.

faustusmedea
10-30-2006, 10:27 AM
To reiterate:

Pederson has not said one way or the other whether he supports online poker. He has been dismissive of Kyl's support though.

Either way, it is IRRELEVANT. Kyl is one of the top 5 ranking Republican senators and it is likely he will be consolidating power if he wins. Bill Frist is retiring and its likely Rick Santorum will lose. This means Kyl will move up the pecking order to be one of the top 3 Republican senators in terms of seniority and power.

Now, once the law goes into effect there will be 270 days for the banking system to determine how to enforce this. The Treasury department has authority/jurisdiction in this matter. Which Senate committee has oversight on the Treasury?

Thats right, the Senate Finance Committee. Kyl is on it and so are the other two above. He would end up being the number 2 ranking member on the committee who oversees how the legislation is implemented.

I can appreciate there are Republicans who play poker, but this guy has gone out of his way to attack our game. There are dozens of other issues important to you or I in which he should be focusing, but instead he has decided to make online gambling his pet project. If you think he is simply going to call it a day after the election because they got a mangled bill passed, you are mistaken.

NOBODY has worked harder to outlaw online gambling, so it is a strawman argument to ask whether his opponent supports poker. It is almost certain no official would dedicate even half the amount of energy that Kyl has to push this issue.

NorthDakota
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
cowboyzfan... Does this help!

http://www.gambling911.com/Jon-Kyl-Internet-Gambling-102606.html

faustusmedea
10-30-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Democratic operatives are trying to use 2+2ers to get political vicotories and bring in a leftist agenda

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody who truly believes there is more than 2% difference between the parties in a real sense is living in their own private Idaho. The process of getting elected and the money it takes has so ruined the business of government that it has become routine for politicians to look directly into the camera and "who are you going to believe? Me, or your own lying eyes..."

Python49
10-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm going to donate, it just pisses me off that there are actually members of this website too stupid to do the same. Theres probably thousands right now who are just opening the thread and closing it while they go back to their 5/10 nl games.

kevstreet
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to donate, it just pisses me off that there are actually members of this website too stupid to do the same. Theres probably thousands right now who are just opening the thread and closing it while they go back to their 5/10 nl games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, 54 donators? That's it! I'm guessing there are links at PocketFives, CardPlayer, etc etc and there have only been 54 people willing to try and make a difference? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Uglyowl
10-30-2006, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, 54 donators? That's it!

[/ QUOTE ]

As a former, hardcore Republican (my allegence was already slipping prior to gambling bill), I used to always hear that the majority of the country is Democrat, but that most of them did not care enough to even vote. There lied the aggressive "get out the vote" campaigns the Republicans have been so successful with.

Currently it is a sad, but true fact, hence Kyl's spokesmens comment about our demographic.

jlkrusty
10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, 54 donators? That's it!

[/ QUOTE ]

As a former, hardcore Republican (my allegence was already slipping prior to gambling bill), I used to always hear that the majority of the country is Democrat, but that most of them did not care enough to even vote. There lied the aggressive "get out the vote" campaigns the Republicans have been so successful with.

Currently it is a sad, but true fact, hence Kyl's spokesmens comment about our demographic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted a link for this on the Poker Office Forum:

http://pokq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5158

If any of you are in other forums, do the same! Guys, we need to work harder on this! We need to show that we can make a difference. If you can't get off your lazy arse and donate even $1, then poker players truly do not deserve to play online poker. Wake up people!

If you've already donated, do whatever you can do get the word out on this to others. Talk to your friends. Talk to your neighbors. Cross post this in other forums on 2+2. Post links to this at other websites. Don't wait for someone else to fight this battle for you. Do something more than you have done. If you have yet to make a donation, do it now. If you have not mentioned this idea somewhere else, then do that. If we all start doing a little more than we have been, our collective fight is going to be a whole lot stronger. Don't wait even a day. Do something more than you have now! It's hard to do more than what we are comfortable with. But, if we realistically expect to change things, we've all got to get our of our "comfort" zone. We've all got to push just a little bit harder!

NorthDakota
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I bring up my point again about NOT being reached...

In the past 3 weeks I have recieved 8 E-mails from the Republican party about the importance of my Vote and I am not a member of the Republican Party and typically vote Democrat...

I have not received a single E-mail addressed DEAR POKER PLAYER... Despite my E-mail address provided to 5 different potential databases at Pokerstars, Party Poker, Full Tilt, the Dakota Poker League and the 2+2 Forum...

The Only Reason I'm up on the issue is because I actually Search the internet for information... It's the only reason that I'm aware of the PPA, Poker Patriots or Kyl, Leach, Goodlatte and Frist...

Prior to the legislation being passed I was unaware of THE LEGISLATION... I didn't know about the PPA... I had no idea what Leach, Goodlatte and Kyl were up to... I didn't even know about Jim Kasper and his legislation in North Dakota and I live in the Damn State...

Most people are like me... Politically unaware(previously in my case) and we have no chance at all of banding together to fight the issue if the massive Databases are not accessed and utilized... 23 Million Strong means nothing if they are just 23 million INDIVIDUAL People...

I hope the stories about Gambling Sites sending Mass E-Mails to Arizona residents are true... It'll give me hope for the future...

I have little hope that the PPA will get anything done... I feel this way because the only reason I've heard of the PPA is because I FOUND IT MYSELF...

Realistically... Until I start seeing Dear Poker Player E-mails in my inbox... We are Doomed...

j2zooted
10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
i just donated ten bucks, hasnt shown up yet.

kevstreet
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just posted a link for this on the Poker Office Forum:

http://pokq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5158

If any of you are in other forums, do the same!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you don't mind but I copied your thread verbatim and posted it here:

Card Player (http://forums.cardplayer.com/forums/index.php?f=48)

I've also been mass e-mailing my friends and family, hope it helps.

DrowningOut
10-30-2006, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, that's what I was and realized how pathetic it is. Just donated $20.

AAAA
10-30-2006, 01:52 PM
i spoke with one of his reps yesterday and he is in favor of people's rights on this.

p.s. i sent fifty bucks too!

AAAA
10-30-2006, 02:26 PM
bill clinton is coming...they think they can win this one!

[ QUOTE ]
President Clinton will be in Tucson THIS THURSDAY - Save the date!

This rally will be FREE and open to the public, but tickets will be required. Your first opportunity to get your free tickets is tonight at the rally with Jim and Roberta Pederson, Harry and Marianne Mitchell and special guest NARAL Pro-Choice America President Nancy Keenan!

5 p.m., Mon, Oct. 30, 2006
Tempe Women's Club Park
1265 N. College Ave.
(Corner of College Ave. and Weber Dr.)
Tempe, AZ
Let us know you'll be in Tempe tonight! R.S.V.P. to Judy, (602) 262-2006 or email jbailey@pederson2006.com

[/ QUOTE ]

kevstreet
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bill clinton is coming...they think they can win this one!

[ QUOTE ]
President Clinton will be in Tucson THIS THURSDAY - Save the date!

This rally will be FREE and open to the public, but tickets will be required. Your first opportunity to get your free tickets is tonight at the rally with Jim and Roberta Pederson, Harry and Marianne Mitchell and special guest NARAL Pro-Choice America President Nancy Keenan!

5 p.m., Mon, Oct. 30, 2006
Tempe Women's Club Park
1265 N. College Ave.
(Corner of College Ave. and Weber Dr.)
Tempe, AZ
Let us know you'll be in Tempe tonight! R.S.V.P. to Judy, (602) 262-2006 or email jbailey@pederson2006.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I'm not as educated in politics as I'd like to be but this has to be a big lift for Pederson.

tangled
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Did it. Not much though.. First time I've ever contributed to a campaign.. And it was for a democrat!!

What's the latest poll?

kevstreet
10-30-2006, 04:03 PM
60 donators = $6,000+

fanmail
10-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Make that 61 donators.

SamJake
10-30-2006, 05:16 PM
done...thanks for the great post

Uglyowl
10-30-2006, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the latest poll?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/senate/az/arizona_senate_race-35.html

Also this website is great for political insight:

http://www.politicalwire.com/

Also check out:

http://www.electoral-vote.com

Python49
10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
lmao, why has this thread not been cross posted to the HSNL forum where they post blinds bigger than the average donation.... why are there no stickies on 2+2, god...

AAAA
10-30-2006, 07:27 PM
donors..not donators.

i sure wish we could paint kyl as the freedom hater that he is.

MinRaise
10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
I contributed. It only takes a minute, and you will feel better about yourself afterward /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

NorthDakota
10-30-2006, 09:15 PM
After the mind boggling string of riverbeats I've had in the past 3 weeks playing online... I'm changing my Mind... Just shut them all down... lol

AAAA
10-30-2006, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fundraising Page / Author Donors Total Raised

Poker Players against Kyl
Poker Players agains Kyl 70 $6,166.29

Help WesPAC Help Democrats Win!
General Wesley Clark & WesPAC 37 $794.31

2nd Tier Races to Win the Senate
Mike Staley 7 $170.93

Why Arizona Matters
Project to Turn the Red States Blue 5 $30.00

Arizona Netroots / Blogosphere Fundra...
Tony Cani, Wactivist.com; Ted Prezels... 5 $285.00

Courageous Red State Challengers!
Project to Turn the Red States Blue 4 $30.00

Battleground Senate Races
Project to Turn the Red States Blue 4 $226.43

[/ QUOTE ]

SumZero
10-30-2006, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, that's what I was and realized how pathetic it is. Just donated $20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us would love to donate but have to wait until our green cards come in. No political donations from H1-B foreign nationals allowed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IndyFish
10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Pace of donations is really picking up! Wonder if some of those posts on other sites are starting to get some action, or if this is mostly 2p2. Personally, I checked this thread three times and finally felt stupid for NOT donating earlier.

C'mon guys! Think of it as an investment in the future! Even if Kyl wins, the message will have been sent.

Python49
10-30-2006, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pace of donations is really picking up!

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be a cynic or anything but this thread has been viewed 1900 times... i think 70 donations is rather low for the amount it could/should be at.

Grey
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
You really shouldn't donate any more. It's a waste. All ad buys and other expenditures have already been planned out. The deadline was for effectice contributions was a few days ago. The only thing to do now is volunteer.

I think we should start up another actblue page to contribute to, and target someone else next cycle. With two years instead of a few days, I'm sure we could really make an actual impact / media coverage on a race.

P.S. I tried to make this same anti-Kyl actblue page about a year ago, and it got moved over to politics where it died.

spidey74
10-30-2006, 11:44 PM
We're doing a great job with the money so far, but don't forget the actual votes too! Contact EVERYONE you know who lives in Arizona. Tell them to vote for Jim Pederson and also to spread the word. They'll tell your friends, and they'll tell their friends, ...

If you can't spare the money, at least spare the time. Better yet, do BOTH!!

Tulosba
10-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I'd like to toss in 50$ but i'm not american... Could someone trustworthy take it on them to make the donation if i send through stars or ft?

IndyFish
10-30-2006, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pace of donations is really picking up!

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be a cynic or anything but this thread has been viewed 1900 times... i think 70 donations is rather low for the amount it could/should be at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the number of donations is very low considering the number of people viewing this thread, but when I donated a couple of days ago there were only 34 donors. That's what I was referring to. I fully agree it should be a LOT higher.

jlkrusty
10-31-2006, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to toss in 50$ but i'm not american... Could someone trustworthy take it on them to make the donation if i send through stars or ft?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trustworthy, but I've already donated. I have a solution though. My wife has yet to donate. If you want to do this, send me a PM.

cat923
10-31-2006, 01:20 AM
I agree that this might make no difference, but it is a start. If this makes sense now it will make a lot more sense in 2008 when one can get a committment from some candidates.

I gave $20 to Pederson and $5 to ActBlue just to pay the blinds.

I started a thread on bet the pot forums.

cat923

jlkrusty
10-31-2006, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really shouldn't donate any more. It's a waste. All ad buys and other expenditures have already been planned out...

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree. For actual election results, earlier donations are more effective now than it will be the day before elections. However, for getting our message out, the final number of donors and amount we raise is going to be huge for convincing politicians all over the country that our voice DOES matter.

In all future correspondence to politicians, wouldn't it be nice to state, "In a matter of just seven days, poker players raised $10,000 to battle against the senator that sponsored online gambling." Even if Kyl wins, we could still state, "While some politicians made it past this first round, poker players are becoming increasingly organized and we are not going to stand for it anymore. Next time around, we'll raise $100,000 against any politician that tries to take our rights away!"

This type of message (money and votes) is going to resonate with most politicians. So, if you have read this, stop feeling squeemish about not donating something. It takes about one minute! You'll feel better about yourself when you do. Hell, every one of us can afford a few bucks. But, there is one important point you are making: don't wait till the last minute. Time is of the essence, and for these elections, there's not much time left.

And if by some miracle Pederson pulls off the upset... oh man... it would be huge! If our donations were at least above $10,000, we could definately tell every politician in the nation that we stood up and helped tip the balance!

Politicians will take our correspondence more seriously if we can pass the $10,000 mark in just one week. We could then infer that we could raise over $100,000 in a year! We've got to work together to get here. Talk to friends, neighbors, family, anyone you can...

Heck, if a couple of higher stake players could donate a bit more, we might even be able to pass $25,000 before elections!

To the OP: We need to be able to site to how much we raised even after the elections. I'd like to be able to refer to this when I write my own congressmen. Is there some way to have a permanent link?

SumZero
10-31-2006, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trustworthy, but I've already donated. I have a solution though. My wife has yet to donate. If you want to do this, send me a PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

A warning to both people that this isn't legal. It is illegal to take money from a foreign national and illegal to do the type of enablement you describe. The candidate in question is supposed to give back the money if this gets found out and the person making the donation (the wife in the above) is violating the law. I looked into it as I wanted to do it too but found out I have to wait until I have my green card.

YYZ
10-31-2006, 08:16 AM
+1 donor for Pederson, i donated $10, though its not much money, it is one more voice against Kyl. I'm quite impressed with the effort going forth here. I hope more people fight this cause, i know ill try and get my friends to help as well.

j2zooted
10-31-2006, 08:45 AM
something doesnt add up right. act blue says 500+ donors to jim pederson for $20k+. but if u look at the itemized thing for all the donors, its our topic, plus a few other small ones that dont add up right. what am i missing?

kevstreet
10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
donors..not donators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Just because it says "donors" on the website does not mean it's the only applicable word.

donator = donor

big e
10-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to post an idea.
Not sure if this has been suggested or even if it possible or if the poker rooms would allow it.

I seem to remember some poker sites allowing private tables/tournaments.
I feel you get a better response if we were able to run a weekly tournament where 10-25% of the prize pool was donated to the anti kyle candidate or ppa.

Therefore for every 10 players at $10, $25 would be donated.

Uglyowl
10-31-2006, 10:10 AM
FYI- Zogby has a poll today showing Kyl increasing his lead from 6.2% to 7.4% from two weeks ago.

A little disheartening, but still some time left.

kevstreet
10-31-2006, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI- Zogby has a poll today showing Kyl increasing his lead from 6.2% to 7.4% from two weeks ago.

A little disheartening, but still some time left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never liked Zogby! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AAAA
10-31-2006, 11:13 AM
i think you are right! if you want to make a difference, it takes more than a one shot deal. Would be nice to think that poker players could let legislators know that high profile gambling legislation meant that they would be targeted every election for denying individual freedoms. i think that sounds a bit better than anti gambling. Politics is all about spin.

how many of you know that one of the few people who voted against the uige is also from arizona. i think it is a true libertarian goldwater type named Flake. think it is jeffrey flake

[ QUOTE ]
Fundraising Page / Author Donors Total Raised
Poker Players against Kyl
Poker Players agains Kyl 76 $6,371.29

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerpunchout
10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Has anyone posted the link to the ACTBLue page on any other poker and e-gamling boards? I have posted this at one other forum that I am a member of, but there are many other forums that I only lurk but am not a member.

I would urge you, if you are a member of other boards and forums, to post this link and inform other poker players of this cause.

cat923
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
I posted on bet the pot. It has produced some donations.

jlkrusty
11-01-2006, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A warning to both people that this isn't legal. It is illegal to take money from a foreign national and illegal to do the type of enablement you describe. The candidate in question is supposed to give back the money if this gets found out and the person making the donation (the wife in the above) is violating the law. I looked into it as I wanted to do it too but found out I have to wait until I have my green card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, what if my wife donates seperate from any agreement we make. That is, she donates because she wants to. Now, you might happen to give us a gift of money as well. Now, where's the problem?

jlkrusty
11-01-2006, 12:15 AM
If you've already donated, please take the time to cross post this on at least one other forum.

Also, here's an article on our efforts:

http://www.gambling911.com/Jon-Kyl-103006.html'.html

This is the type of spin we need.

Still, we have not gotten enough donors. I know there are several people reading this thread who have still not donated. Don't waste any more time. Donate today! We need to at least get to 100 donors and $10,000. Come on fellow poker players. Donate whatever you can! Get your name added to the list of donors!

Uglyowl
11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
A PhD student from MIT ran some computer simulations and calculates Jim Pederson's chances of victory based on current polls at 10.5%.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jacobe/elections/senate.html

I thought this was interesting as it relates to the tradesports contract and how close it is. I have always wondered if Pederson had any real life chance of winning.

Explantion of statistical model:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jacobe/elections/explanation.html

dxu05
11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
This is a great fund; it's sad that Jim Pederson is on the other side of the line because Jon Kyl is terrible, but Jim Pederson is one shady fellow.

pokermac
11-01-2006, 01:23 AM
What is shady?

cat923
11-01-2006, 01:38 AM
"Revenge is a dish best eaten when cold."

DeliciousBass
11-01-2006, 03:33 AM
I donated my cool $13.71 (cause I like round numbers)

And Cat? I think it's "served"...

RayPowers
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, my household did mail in ballots last night. Voting to oust Kyl..

Ray

kevstreet
11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
It's too bad there isn't a pop-up when you sign on to Stars, Full Tilt, etc. I know it's probably illegal or not in the best interest of the site but it sure would help our cause.

There was a suggestion to cross post on some of the high stakes forums, does anyone think this is a good idea or is it too late?

whangarei
11-01-2006, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a suggestion to cross post on some of the high stakes forums, does anyone think this is a good idea or is it too late?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't hurt. I X-posted in the two high-stakes forums.

NorthDakota
11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Here's a new link to read from Gambling 911...

http://www.gambling911.com/Arizona-Senate-Race-Poker-Players-Against-Jon-Kyl-110106.html

I find the Final paragraph Troubling!!!

<font color="blue"> </font>

IF TRUE... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY... FFS... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

dikshit
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
It's a dog eat dog world. PP, having thrown in the towel in the US, will obviously try to hurt PS and FT as much as possible, especially if their non-US base is now being eroded. I'm sure PP hoped PS and FT would follow their action and, because they didn't, now feel vulnerable. It is now in PPs interest for this legislation to be as effective as possible, with in the long term, them as one of the 'good guys' being allowed a re-entry sometime in the future.

Uglyowl
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find the Final paragraph Troubling!!!

IF TRUE... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY... FFS...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am at work so can't go here, what does it say?

autobet
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Online gambling operators have not been as supportive of the Poker Players Against Jon Kyl's efforts, secretly praising Kyl for helping to privatize the industry and make for a more level playing field. Prior to the passage of Kyl's prohibition, publicly traded internet gambling companies such as PartyPoker.com comprised more than half of the online poker market.

I wonder who they are talking about...

mondo
11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Through my 10 bucks in the ring.....

peace, mondo

Synergistic Explosions
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Online gambling operators have not been as supportive of the Poker Players Against Jon Kyl's efforts, secretly praising Kyl for helping to privatize the industry and make for a more level playing field. Prior to the passage of Kyl's prohibition, publicly traded internet gambling companies such as PartyPoker.com comprised more than half of the online poker market.

I wonder who they are talking about...

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it to mean that the ones who stayed are laughing all the way to the bank.

In other words, "Thanks Kyl for the influx of players you moran!"

jlkrusty
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a dog eat dog world. PP, having thrown in the towel in the US, will obviously try to hurt PS and FT as much as possible, especially if their non-US base is now being eroded. I'm sure PP hoped PS and FT would follow their action and, because they didn't, now feel vulnerable. It is now in PPs interest for this legislation to be as effective as possible, with in the long term, them as one of the 'good guys' being allowed a re-entry sometime in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it the same way. However, I am troubled by the lack of action from other entities as well. Why hasn't the PPA done something like this to spearhead a campaign? Why doesn't the PPA organize its 120,000 members to all get behind one cause? If you go to their websiteIf you go to the PPA website, it still has many outdated links and articles. What a joke. Instead of Gambling911, why hasn't the PPA picked up on this effort?

And why aren't poker sites doing more? We need to start attacking these things with pin-point precision. We need to do some things that will be useful even long after they are done. In this case, our donations will be used as an argument long after this race is over. Consider the following hypothetical letter written to our congressmen:

"Poker players are upset over attempts to ban online freedoms. It is estimated that several million people have played online poker. In just over a week, poker players raised over $10,000 to fight against Senator Jon Kyl. Given more time, we would have done substantially more. Poker players are upset; and we will get behind any politician that supports us, while we will go against any politician that hurts us. Put another way, if you fight to restrict our internet poker, you will lose support from the poker community. If you fight to protect internet poker, you will gain our support. Please let us know where you stand and whether you will do anything on our behalf."

I hope from the above hypothetical letter you can all see that this donation drive goes beyond whether Kyl wins or not. That's why I keep beating the drum, and urging us to at least get over the $10,000 mark. We are currently over $7,000. This is a very attainable goal. However, there are still a lot of players who are not doing anything. Many think, "what can my $10 do?" Well, in this case, it can do a lot. Get counted! Take the 2 minutes it takes to make this donation. Every bit will help us move closer to our goal. Even if you've never voted and never donated, DO IT NOW! There's not much time left. Stand up and be heard with the rest of us:

Uglyowl
11-01-2006, 07:24 PM
A little good news tonight guys:

The Hotline: "According to two sources familiar with the TV ad buy sheets in Arizona, the DSCC is buying up as much time as they can find in the Tuscon and Phoenix for TV ads that will begin airing tomorrow... Our sources tell us that Republican Jon Kyl continues to hold a mid-to-high-single digit lead but Dems are enthused about their chances because Democrat Jim Pederson is apparently doing better in early voting than expected."

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2006/11/does_pederson_h.html

Meanwhile, the Phoenix Business Journal notes Bill Clinton is planning to campaign for Pederson later this week, as well as Harry Mitchell (D), the challenger to Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ).

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2006/10/30/daily28.html

Python49
11-01-2006, 08:04 PM
has this thread even gotten posted in HSNL yet? the total amount contributed so far is about 1 buyin for many players there...

Grey
11-01-2006, 09:26 PM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/11/01/democrats_buy_time_in_arizona.html

[ QUOTE ]
The Hotline: "According to two sources familiar with the TV ad buy sheets in Arizona, the DSCC is buying up as much time as they can find in the Tuscon and Phoenix for TV ads that will begin airing tomorrow... Our sources tell us that Republican Jon Kyl continues to hold a mid-to-high-single digit lead but Dems are enthused about their chances because Democrat Jim Pederson is apparently doing better in early voting than expected."

Meanwhile, the Phoenix Business Journal notes Bill Clinton is planning to campaign for Pederson later this week, as well as Harry Mitchell (D), the challenger to Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ).

Check back later tonight for an interesting poll in the Hayworth-Mitchell race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grey
11-01-2006, 09:29 PM
What the hell. I'll send a little.

Kevmath
11-01-2006, 09:41 PM
According to CardPlayer's website, the PPA is sending a letter (which can be read on CP's site) to its 120,000 members with 30 pros endorsing the organization.

jlkrusty
11-01-2006, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
has this thread even gotten posted in HSNL yet? the total amount contributed so far is about 1 buyin for many players there...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted the following in HSNL:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post7891036 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=7891036&amp;an=0&amp;page=0# Post7891036)

Gringo777
11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
ok...just donated

The Funky Llama
11-02-2006, 02:49 AM
100 donated.

primetime32
11-02-2006, 10:44 AM
just donated.

Ace upmy Slv
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
$50 just donated

I support the cause, not necessarily the candidate nor the Democratic Party.

HSB
11-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm in

whitepotatoe
11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I support the cause, not necessarily the candidate nor the Democratic Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Actually I donated a couple days ago, then me and my wife decided to donate more, so she donated also. I hope that we can get this over $10,000 so some people take note that poker players actually are willing to put some money into the fight. Plus, if Kyl loses this thing, it would be SWEEET.

pankwindu
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
$100 from me. Ousting Kyl is a definite possibility; Pederson is UP 4 points in early voting, with the margin widening as Election Day approaches. See http://www.dscc.org/img/AZearlyvote.pdf (PDF).

kevstreet
11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$100 from me. Ousting Kyl is a definite possibility; Pederson is UP 4 points in early voting, with the margin widening as Election Day approaches. See http://www.dscc.org/img/AZearlyvote.pdf (PDF).

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point I'm sure it doesn't mean much but it's still nice to see. I'd love for him to pull this upset!

tangled
11-02-2006, 06:09 PM
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsSt...001119.htm&amp; (http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20061102%5cACQDJON20061102164 8DOWJONESDJONLINE001119.htm&amp;)

fish2plus2
11-02-2006, 08:27 PM
48% Kyl (R)
43% Pederson (D)
4% Mack (L)
6% Undecided

This isnt very close. Libertarianaments.

mmbt0ne
11-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Does Arizona have a runoff if nobody gets 50%?

Grey
11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]America unlike the vast majority of democracies has a winner-take-all electoral system. That's why we and all the other crackhead countries with this system will always only have two major parties.

You're thinking of primaries, which are state-run. Federal races can't have runoffs.

Don't like it? Help me steal the Constitution.

bjd
11-03-2006, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]America unlike the vast majority of democracies has a winner-take-all electoral system. That's why we and all the other crackhead countries with this system will always only have two major parties.

You're thinking of primaries, which are state-run. Federal races can't have runoffs.

Don't like it? Help me steal the Constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't Louisiana have runoffs for the federal elections? I believe they had one with their 2002 Senator election.

DeliciousBass
11-03-2006, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
48% Kyl (R)
43% Pederson (D)
4% Mack (L)
6% Undecided

This isnt very close. Libertarianaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps closer than you might think

Grey
11-03-2006, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't Louisiana have runoffs for the federal elections? I believe they had one with their 2002 Senator election.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, the Supreme Court is having issues with it though. It's an ongoing issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-off_primary_election

joe c
11-03-2006, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsSt...001119.htm&amp; (http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20061102%5cACQDJON20061102164 8DOWJONESDJONLINE001119.htm&amp;)

[/ QUOTE ]

go chuck!

jlkrusty
11-03-2006, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go chuck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, if this upset actually happens, imagine how we'll all be able to write Jim Pederson a big thank you letter along with a copy of the web site that shows how much we donated. We'll also remind other politicians of what we did. I think some might start to believe that poker players can make a difference.

Now, the current goal is to get our donations over $10,000. We're currently at about $9,000. If you haven't donated, please pitch in. We're getting close!

debater
11-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Donated,

Debater

Naked Penguins
11-03-2006, 05:06 AM
I just donated $5 to the cause.

I am politically independent, but I completely support helping JP defeat Kyl after finding out he sponsored that bill.

I also actually live in Tempe, Arizona so I am telling everyone I know to vote against Kyl.

Uglyowl
11-03-2006, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also actually live in Tempe, Arizona so I am telling everyone I know to vote against Kyl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, get the message out... I really hope this is spreading around the colleges down there.

dragonystic
11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
donated.

rot Kyl

Uglyowl
11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Wow.. 116 donations for $9,460.

Also:

With the election less than a week away, Democrat Jim Pederson continues to close on Republican Sen. Jon Kyl, pulling within 4.5 points, according to a poll released Thursday.

The difference is within the poll's 4.9 point margin of error. The survey by Zimmerman and Associates and Marketing Intelligence was conducted Oct. 25-30.

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/154165.php

Hopefully the Bill Clinton visit and extra tv ads put Pederson on top /images/graemlins/smile.gif

spidey74
11-03-2006, 02:55 PM
We are knocking on the door of $10k folks! Great job so far everyone!! It will be great to spread the word to any of the other candidates we talk to how we quickly raised over $10k, just for the mere hatred of Jon Kyl.

If we slam through this door, my guess is that we will see Kyl and Frist on the other side caught in the act!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tangled
11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are knocking on the door of $10k folks! Great job so far everyone!! It will be great to spread the word to any of the other candidates we talk to how we quickly raised over $10k, just for the mere hatred of Jon Kyl.

If we slam through this door, my guess is that we will see Kyl and Frist on the other side caught in the act!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What about starting a fresh thread with this as a come on? Might rekindle interest with those that have checked this topic before, but now just pass over it because it seems old news.
I dont know if this is a good idea or not.(?)

PollyEmory
11-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Donated $50. Know a few others who have done the same.

First political donation ever, but I'd rather actually do something then pretend I've done it by signing some stupid online petition no one ever reads.

Uglyowl
11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Jim Pederson 123 $10,580.00

Fantastic, this thing is picking up some serious steam! Since Pederson looks to have better than a "chance in hell", I will have to plunk down some more money.

kevstreet
11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FANTASTIC! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

uDevil
11-03-2006, 05:41 PM
+$10.00

My very first political campaign contribution. Maybe I'll skip lunch one day next week.

spidey74
11-03-2006, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Fantastic, this thing is picking up some serious steam! Since Pederson looks to have better than a "chance in hell", I will have to plunk down some more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone donated $1,000 to push us over the $10K mark. If that person is a reader of this forum, I just wanted to give you mad props.

gila
11-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Just added $25. And, as a 31 year old, I will vote for the first time in my life. I hope we turn out on Nov. 7th in droves.

jlkrusty
11-04-2006, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just added $25. And, as a 31 year old, I will vote for the first time in my life. I hope we turn out on Nov. 7th in droves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uglyowl
11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
New poll

Survey USA has Kyl up by 13 /images/graemlins/confused.gif Hope this is an outlier

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=86cade4b-68b1-43e8-89f7-5cfc1e991259

Has Pederson really lost it in the past week?

pifhluk
11-04-2006, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
New poll

Survey USA has Kyl up by 13 /images/graemlins/confused.gif Hope this is an outlier

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=86cade4b-68b1-43e8-89f7-5cfc1e991259

Has Pederson really lost it in the past week?

[/ QUOTE ]

NEW POLL: PEDERSON LEADS IN EARLY VOTING. 44 TO 40. http://www.dscc.org/img/AZearlyvote.pdf. Another poll shows that the campaign is closing further on 11/3/06. They are within the margin of error.

This is on the act blue site. This one is going to be close and polls are pretty much meaningless.

autobet
11-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I will be voting for the first time in six years. I live in California, and gave $25 to Pedersen just to have one more name on the list.

KotOD
11-04-2006, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can a Canadian donate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Ship someone someone some cash on a site and have them contribute for you.

KotOD
11-04-2006, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really shouldn't donate any more. It's a waste. All ad buys and other expenditures have already been planned out. The deadline was for effectice contributions was a few days ago. The only thing to do now is volunteer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If Pederson does pull this off, the larger the number in his donor roll, the more influence we have. I'd like to see that number at 20k.

cowboyzfan
11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Kyl is up by 13 points in the latest poll. If you don't beleive me check realclearpolitics.com Don't waste your money on this. heck if you want to, fine by me. But we need our own PAC, not just some crazy knee jerk vote for Democrats. As i have said many times, and still stand by it, Democratic operatives are using this site for partisan reasons completely unrelated to online poker. But again, you want to piss your money away against Kyl, fine with me. I think Kyl sucks ass, but he will win.

Uglyowl
11-04-2006, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not just some crazy knee jerk vote for Democrats

[/ QUOTE ]

Knee jerk? Kyl has been leading the charge against internet gambling since last decade.

http://www.techlawjournal.com/internet/80724.htm

http://www.techlawjournal.com/internet/19990330gam.htm

Moneyline
11-04-2006, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kyl is up by 13 points in the latest poll. If you don't beleive me check realclearpolitics.com Don't waste your money on this. heck if you want to, fine by me. But we need our own PAC, not just some crazy knee jerk vote for Democrats. As i have said many times, and still stand by it, Democratic operatives are using this site for partisan reasons completely unrelated to online poker. But again, you want to piss your money away against Kyl, fine with me. I think Kyl sucks ass, but he will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Players Against Kyl is our own PAC. I don't know what you mean by "democratic operatives," but for reasons that have been stated over and over again a Democratically controlled Congress would be very good for poker.

cowboyzfan
11-04-2006, 08:11 PM
doesn't matter. where in the Democratic platform does it say they will repeal the ban? Poker is about logic, not emotion, yes the Republicans screwed us, particularly Kyle, Goodlatte, and Frist. Yet, why is voting for a Dem going to fix things? Please tell me.

the fact of the matter is we need a poker player PAC, we need to make our point clearly and singularly. If you think some Dem is going to vote for poker becuase a Repub was against it, you are not being logical.

Uglyowl
11-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't know if you are just trying to rile us up or being serious.

This is just Kyl's first step. He is going to try to win in the higher stakes (i.e. modifying the Wire Act).

Also a Kyl win will position him to have a great deal of say in how this law is enacted. This guy's sole purpose in life it has seemed is to stop online gambling.

#2 (and distant) answer would be revenge.

cowboyzfan
11-04-2006, 08:25 PM
sure if you want to break the law

NorthDakota
11-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Cowboyzfan!!!

First off it's Kyl not Kyle...

2nd... It's not a vote for a Dem... It's support for KYL's opponent...

3rd... You've been working real hard to stop any momentum in any idea with frequent paranoid comments about Democratic duping on 2+2...

4th...If the rest of us thought the way you do... We would be pretty sure that YOU ARE A REPUBLICAN FLY IN THE DEMOCRATIC OINTMENT OUT TO STOP ANY MOMENTUM GATHERD ON THIS SITE...

5th... SHUT THE %#&amp;* UP and pull your Clearly Partisan head out of our Bi Partisan rears...

cowboyzfan
11-04-2006, 08:31 PM
first of all i know his name. secondly, you prove my point about Democratic homers on this site. There is NOTHING Democratic about poker. Thirdly, I probably hate Kyl more than you but i hope you give his opponent all you have.

AAAA
11-04-2006, 08:33 PM
knowing that he has a vocal opposition is something that kyl has not had previously. i am thrilled that he understands that we do care!

NorthDakota
11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
No you prove my point about your Partisan Head.

cowboyzfan
11-04-2006, 08:39 PM
so you have been a member of this site for what, two weeks? and you tell me I am in the way?..............hmmmm

no, know Democratic operatives here lol

cowboyzfan
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I agree, it is good he must fight. I think his game is that he wants to protect his neighbor, Nevada. The thing is, Kyl will win. I wish he would lose, not neccessarily to a Democrat who has never said he would support our cause.

again, I am always always always for online poker. I am against Kyl. I also know a bit about politics and the latest polls say kyl is ahead by 13 points. If you want to give money to Pederson, and realize it will NOT make online poker legal, fine, i say do it.

NorthDakota
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Uncle!!! I can't fool you... You are too Smart... We could surely use someone like you in our organization... Because brilliance at your level is rare...

Come Join us!!!

KotOD
11-05-2006, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sure if you want to break the law

[/ QUOTE ]

Have fun investigating that one.

KotOD
11-05-2006, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kyl is up by 13 points in the latest poll. If you don't beleive me check realclearpolitics.com

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to spend some time understanding polling, and sample data first. survey usa's poll is the outlier there and has a larger margin of error than does the AZ paper's poll.

Talk about intellectual dishonesty...

coachkf
11-05-2006, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, it is good he must fight. I think his game is that he wants to protect his neighbor, Nevada. The thing is, Kyl will win. I wish he would lose, not neccessarily to a Democrat who has never said he would support our cause.

again, I am always always always for online poker. I am against Kyl. I also know a bit about politics and the latest polls say kyl is ahead by 13 points. If you want to give money to Pederson, and realize it will NOT make online poker legal, fine, i say do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cowboy. I think everyone knows that the Kyl race is a long shot. I don't think anyone cares though, except maybe you?

This is as much about making a statement as it is about hoping we help pull a miracle win. We're showing that poker players can be an effective money raising lobby. I'd be happy to give $$ to another group, if they want to organize a fundraiser.

You could compare this to the final 5 minutes of a football game, where a team is hopelessly beaten. A good team will play the rest of the game out and if possible score and celebrate like they just won the thing.

If you wanna just take your ball and go home, fine. Wipe your nose and do so.

big e
11-05-2006, 10:27 AM
The best reason to give is not just for this fight against Kyl.

All politicians are only interested in getting them self elected or staying elected.

Donating money to this campaign send out a message to all the politicians. That even if we can’t vote against you we will try and help your opponent win.

In this game money speaks louder than words.

Most of the politicians are aware that every dollar spent against them makes a difference and they will not want to encourage that.

Also they are or will be aware that this is but the start and sooner or later the poker players will have they equivalence of NRA and that poker players will remember who supported them and who didn’t.

We need to remind them where here for the long term and were not going away.

KotOD
11-05-2006, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Cowboy. I think everyone knows that the Kyl race is a long shot. I don't think anyone cares though, except maybe you?

This is as much about making a statement as it is about hoping we help pull a miracle win. We're showing that poker players can be an effective money raising lobby. I'd be happy to give $$ to another group, if they want to organize a fundraiser.

You could compare this to the final 5 minutes of a football game, where a team is hopelessly beaten. A good team will play the rest of the game out and if possible score and celebrate like they just won the thing.

If you wanna just take your ball and go home, fine. Wipe your nose and do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

His attitude is just like Mason's on the PPA. He's not doing anything, but sits back and criticizes everyone else.

NorthDakota
11-05-2006, 01:07 PM
$10,000 is almost as much as the $16,000 Goodlatte got from the Nationanl Throughbred Racing Association.

Not Bad...

Poofler
11-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I spent about 14 hours in a casino yesterday, and saw probably the same amount of hands in 2 hours of 4-tabling online. Oh the HORROR. I forgot how mind-numbing the alternative can be. Congress is waging a war on Iraq, and my win rate! Shipping to Pederson...

Uglyowl
11-05-2006, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I spent about 14 hours in a casino yesterday, and saw probably the same amount of hands in 2 hours of 4-tabling online. Oh the HORROR. I forgot how mind-numbing the alternative can be. Congress is waging a war on Iraq, and my win rate! Shipping to Pederson...

[/ QUOTE ]

100% right about live play.

If I had a 10 hour chunk of free time, between driving to a casino (1.75 hours each way), grabbing fast food (.25 hours), waiting for a table to open (1 hour), I am able to get max 150 hands in for an entire day spent.

It is disheartening how hard they want to make this.

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
of course these brick and mortar casinos are a big part of our opposition. I think they are making a huge mistake, casino gambling is growing like crazy. Yes it is not that great for poker other than tourneys, but people like to go to them and blow their wad on slots.

thedarknight
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Just watched some MSNBC analysis, the pundit said that Jon Kyl will most likely win. I was like wtf, i thought it was too close to call. I would love to see this guy get voted out of office because of a poker player body rising out of inaction.

Poofler
11-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, Kyl will most likely win. The gap has narrowed, but it's never been a dead heat. A donkey can look at the poll data and kick the right choice. It's just another pundit stating the obvious. Predict the house will stay GOP and you get my attention.

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
at least you are near (semi) a b&amp;M. for many of us this is a complete prohibition.

Poofler
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% right about live play.

If I had a 10 hour chunk of free time, between driving to a casino (1.75 hours each way), grabbing fast food (.25 hours), waiting for a table to open (1 hour), I am able to get max 150 hands in for an entire day spent.

It is disheartening how hard they want to make this.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I started playing A8 off in EP, I knew it was time to go. I forgot how incredibly easy live games were, but all the tells and horrible calling stations that make live tables more EV+ don't exceed the lost profits from not being online. I'd have to double or triple my limit, and end of playing far too weak. I'm about to attend a McCaskill rally, hopefully that'll be one more seat towards the slim chance of a Dem senate, preventing Kyl (if elected) from continuing the crusade as part of the majority.

Uglyowl
11-05-2006, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just watched some MSNBC analysis, the pundit said that Jon Kyl will most likely win. I was like wtf, i thought it was too close to call. I would love to see this guy get voted out of office because of a poker player body rising out of inaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

The closest gap had been about 4.5 points and was closing, but the momentum has seemed to stop.

Still it is not impossible, but highly unlikely. Jim Leach though is in a big fight for a house seat.

Here are some links to track these races:

Jon Kyl (R) vs. Jim Pederson (D) (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/senate/az/arizona_senate_race-35.html)

Leach (R) vs. Loebsack (D) (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/house/ia/iowa_2-150.html)

Jeff Oneye
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Uglyowl,

I want to express my heartfelt appreciation for all that you've done to generate interest in this donation drive. Perhaps you (or anybody for that matter) could capitalize on this newfound momentum and create a small website or a mailing list of people interested in starting a political action committee? Just an idea.

Of the $27,000 or so raised through ACT Blue I think this group raised about 40% of the donations for Pederson (almost $11K at this point). I think somebody will take notice. You just don't expect poker players to organize and get involved in the political process (especially in the absense of a Party Poker bonus or some similar inducement).

And to that dittohead from Texas, pull your head out of that elephant's butt! I think you've been listening to too much Rush Limbaugh or snorting paint-possibly both. This is a NON-PARTISAN attempt to demonstrate we have political clout. We KNOW that Kyl has a major advantage. This is about sending a message that we're a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes you suffer several losses before you're rewarded with the big win. Doing nothing only ensures the worst-feared outcome. At least by taking some action we're not just passive observers watching our own defeat. We walk away with our pride and a newfound sense of empowerment. We can always point to this fabulous demonstration of support as tangible proof of our political viability.

On an unrelated note, what happened to Uglyowl's Million Dollar Man moniker?

Jeffrey

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
you are rude and illogical. From what i understand, mason and Sklansky would not support your partisan [censored]. As I have said ad naseum, i am against kyl, but will never give money to his opponent simply because he has done nothing for online poker. YOu trash someone who supports Rush limbaugh then you show yourself to be a left wing, big government, partisan hack. I see that few repubplicans on this site have the guts to stand up for what they believe because of this left wing, socialist, anti-american onslaught. Well let me make it clear, I am NOT one of them. I say blow it out your arse!

Uglyowl
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I didn't set up the Poker Players Against Kyl site, but saw it as a good idea and passed it on.

Cowboyz, I don't understand why you are trying to derail this by accusing us of being partisan. I guess with anything involving politics, some people are going to get upset. I would think the whole battle against Kyl is so clear that a caveman could even understand it:

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/caveman_1.jpg

Once again I understand how emotions can get high in discussing politics, but come on. We can't get away from being political because we have UIGEA because of politics.

I would also cast my vote against any Democrat trying to take our game away. If one of them starts to push for a ban, I (and other 2+2'ers) would make a stink.

[ QUOTE ]
From what i understand, mason and Sklansky would not support your partisan [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you coming up with this?

BTW Mason and David are very bright people and if they have an issue with the fight against Jon Kyl, I would hope they would speak up. Maybe they would have a more productive idea?

Good idea about the Million Dollar Man, time for him to make his return

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 08:33 PM
ugly i do not remember ever attacking you for making your views clear. I have an IQ of 160 (it has been verified), I hate to say such a thing but when i am compared to a caveman I think there is little choice. One thing about me, I do not lie.

The reason i mention malmuth and sklansky is because malmuth made a point in another recent post to stand up for Republicans when the Democratic onslaught was at its craziest. I do not speak for them, but I have read their posts over many years and see they have not chosen to join into this Democratic rally.

Jeff Oneye
11-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Uglyowl,

Even if you didn't set the site up, you did set the ball in motion (by sending the link) and staying active in this thread. Anyways, nice to see the return of the Million Dollar Man. I saw the Million Dollar Man on TV recently. He still wrestles but in the context of a Christian ministry. I heard his message and he sounds like a Rick Santorum clone. Way out in right field. Anyways, he uses his old persona and asks the audience "What's your price?" Anyways, when I was a teenager he was my favorite heel and I always loved that demonic laugh.

Jeffrey

Jeff Oneye
11-05-2006, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing about me, I do not lie.

The reason i mention malmuth and sklansky is because malmuth made a point in another recent post to stand up for Republicans when the Democratic onslaught was at its craziest. I do not speak for them, but I have read their posts over many years and see they have not chosen to join into this Democratic rally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cowboyz, you little stinker. I actually thought you were a REAL partisan hack. Now I realize I've been had and you're just another troll.

JeffreyREBT-A godless libertarian with "secular" values.

AAAA
11-05-2006, 10:19 PM
got a phone call today asking me to vote for kyl...made me feel a bit better to tell the person i wouldn't vote for him if he dipped my hand in boiling oil. Well that isn't what i said, but she got the drift.

AAAA
11-05-2006, 10:28 PM
there are few issues that turn me into an "anyone on the earth but you" voter, but Kyle is a dangerous man.

he is along the type of McCarthy type of evil.

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 10:42 PM
jeff, I have no idea what you are talking about. If I must guess, that is not uncommon a response when people talk with you. they probably recoil, then walk quickly in the opposite direcetion you are moving.

candyman718
11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ugly i do not remember ever attacking you for making your views clear. I have an IQ of 160 (it has been verified), I hate to say such a thing but when i am compared to a caveman I think there is little choice. One thing about me, I do not lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can come up with a way to verify this, I have a sizeable chunk of money I'd like to bet on the under.

ChexNFX
11-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Cowboy is a [censored] chode. Ignore the piece of [censored]. IQ of 160, hahahaha. That's funny man. Get the [censored] out of here.

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Chex, you nothing, you are a piece of [censored] to speak in such a way. You would not know an iq of 160 if it hit you in the head with a 2x4. You attack me when you know nothing about me at all. You are offended by my iq because you are dull. Well too freaking bad self banger, that is not my problem.

cowboyzfan
11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
candy you are so laughable i almost did not respond. You said you have a sizeable chunk of money, that alone i doubt. You want to bet on the under, and you base this on what? I am comfortable with my iq, i doubt you are with yours. You will never bet on my iq, you will never know me at all, if you did, i would be kicking your ass. So why not shut up you fool? You will never know me and that is a good thing for a dip [censored] like you.

I am amazed by the amount of brain dead simpletons that appear on this site. I guess anyone can buy/steal a book

Uglyowl
11-06-2006, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You would not know an iq of 160 if it hit you in the head with a 2x4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullcrap Cowboys, I am no longer going to take you seriously

* Over 140 - Genius or near genius
* 120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
* 110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
* 90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
* 80 - 89 - Dullness
* 70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
* Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

High IQ &amp; Genius IQ

Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:

* 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
* 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
* 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
* 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
* 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
* 165-179 - High genius
* 180-200 - Highest genius
* &gt;200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

Bilgefisher
11-06-2006, 12:01 AM
I do not wish to get into this arguement. Only a simple request. Can we keep to the main topic. Raising money to defeat those opoosed to internet gambling.

ChexNFX
11-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Stop taking those online IQ tests. When I took mine in 9th grade, it said I had a 172, haha. Seriously, give it up. Nobody cares about your IQ, since IQ's don't really mean [censored] anyways. A great sense of street smarts AND some intelligence goes a lot farther than just a high IQ. So please, leave. You're not wanted here.

cowboyzfan
11-06-2006, 12:04 AM
what a fool you are sir. you say to have an iq of 160 you must win a Nobel Prize lol? I have an iq of 160, obviously yours is much much lower or you would not be so angry. I never asked for any plaudits, just stated a fact. now you want to argue with me, a person you do not know, and want to say I am lying? hell, i am laughing my ass off at you for your coveting. I don't give a [censored] about you but I have really set you off lol. I am ammused, please argue with me and prove I am lying about my IQ lol

ChexNFX
11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Run a spell check. Geniuses don't make spelling errors, no matter the circumstance. Ive counted a dozen so far in this topic. Really, go home and watch some Star Trek.

ChexNFX
11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Seriously, stop. Every response you give, further proves how dumb you really are. Stop using extravagant words in false contexts. Stop talking about your coveted 160, which you don't have. You're a fool.

ChexNFX
11-06-2006, 12:12 AM
He will. It will be an email from IQtest website.

cowboyzfan
11-06-2006, 12:14 AM
you sound like a she man. i would rather watch grass grow than argue with someone like you. seriously, if you think i am using big words then you are sad. please go away for your own sake.

Uglyowl
11-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Have a good night guys, we should be proud of the effort that was put up by poker players!

Recipient Donors
Jim Pederson 139 $10,930.00

I hope we all can be as successful in our next effort.

cowboyzfan
11-06-2006, 12:17 AM
chex you seriously need to get a life. I am drunk as [censored] but am crushing you in this debate. your entire argument is based on nothing. you are mad about my iq and want to believe i am lying lol. Like I care what you think and I get off lying to people i have chatted with here for years. Let me be clear with you, you are the biggest horse's ass I have encountered in some time. And that is really saying something. My guess is your iq is in the 90-100 range, not short bus or anything but really low.

ChexNFX
11-06-2006, 12:22 AM
No, actually is 124. Not fantastic, but nowhere near average. I have many friends who have IQs in the 150-160 range. The difference being they don't bring it up at every waking opportunity to "prove something". Life isn't about IQs. I'm not offended, nor wish I had a 160. Frankly, the higher IQ you have, the more likely you are to go insane because nobody understands you and can relate to you. I would not wish that upon myself.

cowboyzfan
11-06-2006, 12:41 AM
chex ok you are being honest there. you are right, 124 is above average. Also i never said iq was the be all and end all, it is what you do with it.

but you did not attack me because i said my iq, you attacked me because i am repub and you are Demo. Look, why must we be so personal, we are freaking poker players here and both want to be free to play online or otherwise. Maybe we disagree on how to get that done but we are on the same team.

look, if you want to be against me then i can never change that. My iq is 160, i did not ask for it to be that high, hell, many on this site have higher iq's. furthermore, there is a lot more to intelligence than iq, if an iq test is correct, even a great education will not effect the score. Certainly an education matters.

I do NOT go around bragging about my iq. I stated a fact, computed by the military (not online) simply because someone attacked me. Yeah you are right, I probably should have not mentioned it, but i don't think it is some great acheivement, it is not an acheivement at all. I wish i never mentioned it. But if you say i am lying, you are wrong, i do not lie.

look, this is a political argument, I wish to keep it that way. I think Repubicans,for all their faults, are better for this country. Others on this site are for Democrats. I personally don't think they are being logical but that is my humble opinion. Why don't we keep this discussion civil?

Uglyowl
11-06-2006, 12:47 AM
We all (including myself) sound like we have IQ's of 90. We really need to stay on topic.

autobet
[ QUOTE ]
why must we be so personal, we are freaking poker players here and both want to be free to play online or otherwise. Maybe we disagree on how to get that done but we are on the same team.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChexNFX
A) I am not a Democrat
B) Education matters to an extent. Some of the richest people in the world have no formal education. Some of the poorest people in the world are incredibly smart, intellectuals.
C) You're right, you should not have mentioned it, no bearing in any of this.
This was all civil, until I keep hearing ramblings about nothing. No offense, but your arguments on previous pages weren't that great. Not many of us have divulged whether we are Rep or Dem. We are for online gaming. There are plenty of great reasons to vote Republican or Democrat, but both have severe flaws(we all knows this, this is old news). Giving money to Pederson is a great thing. As mentioned before, it shows we are being "go-getters" and not sitting around. There shouldn't be a problem with donating to something we want. Whether you win or lose doesn't matter, it's the decision that counts. You dont always win that hand you played flawlessly do you?

Ace upmy Slv
11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
We need to stay on topic here. Enough with everyone arguing with each other.

Cowboy - No one else seems to share your thoughts here, nor do I see anyone siding with you about the IQ stuff, etc. You are standing alone in your arguements. Either take it to a different forum or don't post at all.

I'm not tyring to get on you or criticize you, just stating the facts. You are not helping the situation at all, nor bringing anything positive to the table at this point.

Any updates on the polls, money donated, etc. would be great. Ideas about political progress in the future is what this is supposed to about.....

CallYNotRaise06
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
$20 sent from me.

were at 10,930

HSB
11-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Maybe I'm being silly but I think raising ten grand in a week from a thread on an internet baord aimed at people that are not particularly politically active is fairly impressive.

mmbt0ne
11-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Mods, clean up this thread.

MJF says so.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/POLITICS/11/06/poll.congress/newt1.2037.fox.ap.jpg.jpg

jlkrusty
11-07-2006, 06:00 AM
Hmm. We're at $10,950. If a couple more people donated $25 (even at this last minute), we'd hit the $11,000 mark:

At this late stage, this would not be to change the race. Instead a couple people would do it to get their name added to the list of donors and to get our total contribution to $11,000. Again, I think a lot of us will continue to refer to this to other politicians no matter how this race turns out.

cat923
11-07-2006, 05:38 PM
To most of us it doesn't matter whether you are a Democrat or Republican.

If you are a POKER PLAYER you should be outraged that a bill was slipped through on the last day of the Congressional session to take away some more of your rights.

I am an equal opportunity cat and will oppose anyone of any party who will tell me that I cannot play POKER online.

I gave money to defeat KYL and will do so to defeat any politician who tells me that I cannot exercise my free will regarding POKER, regardless of his party affiliation.

This is a truly bipartisan effort. KYL may not go down to inglorious defeat, but we have long memories regarding those who will take away our free will.

Let the other politicians beware..............

frommagio
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ugly i do not remember ever attacking you for making your views clear. I have an IQ of 160 (it has been verified)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell I got a bowling average that would kick the crap out of your IQ.

ProsperousOne
11-07-2006, 09:50 PM
WTF???? I just checked the link to Penderson, and it showed 10,950.00 as of 9PM EST today.... I figured wtf, I'll spend $25 to send a message, win or lose... Made my $25 contribution, but the damn counter didn't increment. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Guess it's not real time....

Hopefully, it's over $11K now...

FWIW, this is the first time I've ever supported for a Democrat.... I "throw my money away" on Libertarians... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

donfairplay
11-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Pederson 51%, Kyl 47% right now, according to the Wall Street Journal online.

Sweet.

wmspringer
11-07-2006, 11:54 PM
So, any news on this race? I'm not seeing anything from AZ yet.

Kevmath
11-07-2006, 11:58 PM
That was pretty early,

http://www.azsos.gov/results/2006/general/GEN-1000.htm

Kyl's up 52-45 at this point.

Shoe
11-08-2006, 12:00 AM
It doesn't look good right now. 53-44

donfairplay
11-08-2006, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't look good right now. 53-44

[/ QUOTE ]
Dang. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

j2zooted
11-08-2006, 12:05 AM
msnbc just called it for Kyl /images/graemlins/frown.gif

cowboyzfan
11-08-2006, 12:32 AM
yeah, i got shouted down and told to go away (mostly by people who have been here a couple weeks). All I said was Kyl would win and you could better spend (waste in this case) your money by giving to a pro online poker pac. Look, I do not like Kyl, I have never said once I supported him, but i did say he would win and we should spend our money on poker specific issues, not just glomming onto a left wing loser Democrat that has no chance. Yeah i was told to leave but I was right.

Shoe
11-08-2006, 12:39 AM
51% - 47% with 66% reporting. The gap is closing but will it be enough?

MSPaint Bob Ross
11-08-2006, 12:57 AM
no... kyl declared winner.

faustusmedea
11-08-2006, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All I said was Kyl would win and you could better spend (waste in this case) your money by giving to a pro online poker pac. Look, I do not like Kyl, I have never said once I supported him, but i did say he would win and we should spend our money on poker specific issues

[/ QUOTE ]

160 IQ and nary a clue about how politics work. Heck, why even play the games then if we already know the outcome? There are a lot of good reasons to have initiated and partaken in this effort; no matter the outcome. There are valuable directions for the future and its even possible at 10:30mst the senate could still turn blue limiting Kyl's power further.

Coming onto a forum only to push back against an effort and then go nah nah nah afterwards doesn't strike me as the kind of actions taken by someone with even a 100IQ, but what do I know; I'm an IQ neanderthal....

thedarknight
11-08-2006, 02:47 AM
who the hell said this was dead even?

wasn't even close i guess...mother [censored] john kyl...good job! the most important legislation on family values ever!!

coachkf
11-08-2006, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i got shouted down and told to go away (mostly by people who have been here a couple weeks). All I said was Kyl would win and you could better spend (waste in this case) your money by giving to a pro online poker pac. Look, I do not like Kyl, I have never said once I supported him, but i did say he would win and we should spend our money on poker specific issues, not just glomming onto a left wing loser Democrat that has no chance. Yeah i was told to leave but I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...we were all "right" genius. Can you point to one single person in this thread that really thought Kyl was going to lose?

Contributing against Kyl goes deeper than just winning and losing this race. I always assumed geniuses thought on different levels? Why is this so hard for you?

Coming back to gloat that the "bad guy" won... hilarious.

ProsperousOne
11-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey, will someone donate an additional $25 so we can officially be at 11K? WTF, that's less than 1 BB for some of us lol....

kevstreet
11-09-2006, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How very prophetic of you. Way to go out on a limb w/ your prediction.

cowboyzfan
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
it was not a prediction, it was a statement that we should all stop fighting and fund a political action committee specifically supporting online gambling rights. I know I pissed several people off in this thread, particularly when i mentioned my iq. I still don't get that, why get so angry? But the fact of the matter is the OP was asking us to send money to a Democratic site. The site is named "ACT BLUE". I hope for the IQ of this site we all got that this is a partisan Democrat site.

This site is for poker players, not Democrats or Republicans. We all have a right to post here and put forth our own opinions. I remember in a recent thread Malmuth took exception to Democratic partisan shots. So maybe even if my conservative/libertarian feelings are not popular in this thread, they are quite welcome on this site.

For the last time, I think Kyl is a jerk, I am against him. I just think we can all join together in a non partisan way and support online poker specifically. Certainly even the most partisan of Democrats can realize that electing Democrats now is not just about poker, God I hope not considering the situation in the world.

2easy
11-09-2006, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Certainly even the most partisan of Democrats can realize that electing Democrats now is not just about poker, God I hope not considering the situation in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read every post in this thread, was one of the first to post in it, and have held my tongue until now so as not to veer off topic.

now that it has run its course, at least as pertains to its original intent, i have to speak my short piece:

roflmao, if this is the logic and syntax of a +160 iq.

cowboyzfan
11-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Again, the anger is absurd. I said before I am done discussing the IQ. If you don't believe my IQ, then who the hell cares? You can believe it is 98 if that helps you sleep better. I am just amazed by the responses; then again I am not since I am a long-term member and have seen these IQ discussions go on and on. I said my iq not detracting from others, I only mentioned it when attacked personally. And one last point, why the hell do you care what some anonymous person says about their IQ? I guarantee I could give a [censored] about yours or anything else about you.

btw, your response is neither pithy nor relevant. Actually nothing you said at all refutes what I said.

2easy
11-09-2006, 11:12 PM
nah, no anger.

and, amazingly, i sleep just fine, thanks, no matter your iq, real or self-perceived.

glad to see that you are such a long-time member, too.

and your quick response surely does bolster the notion of how little you care about anything about me, or even what i think.

i really dont care about what you had to say about your intelligence.

and have no idea what relevance my comment could have possibly had, or what it does or doesnt refute.

i was just making my observation, which i stand by completely.

Uglyowl
11-10-2006, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But the fact of the matter is the OP was asking us to send money to a Democratic site. The site is named "ACT BLUE".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Kyl's opponent was a Democrat, so we send money to a Democratic site. If Kyl's strongest opponent was from the purple party, I would ship money to the purple site.

We can't just bury our heads in the sand can we /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I will support anyone who is with the poker players and anyone who is against the main pushers of the bill (Kyl, Frist, Goodlatte)

SlapPappy
11-10-2006, 04:42 AM
HI EVERYBODY

2easy
11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will support anyone who is with the poker players and anyone who is against the main pushers of the bill (Kyl, Frist, Goodlatte)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is so very simple.

as the old adage goes:

the enemy of my enemy is my friend.