PDA

View Full Version : (LC, but with a POLL!!!) Is god really such a good guy?

Prodigy54321
10-26-2006, 01:58 PM
I like quoting txag and making new threads out of them, so here's another (I'll stop starting new thread for a while after this one, I promise)

[ QUOTE ]
Because of the sinful nature you inherited from your ancestors (Adam & Eve).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Look again at why we were created: not to do good, not to be nice to each other. We were created for a relationship with the Almighty.

[/ QUOTE ]

inheriting sin sounds pretty unfair and cruel to me...I mean, I didn't eat the [censored] forbidden fruit!!

the second one just makes god seem like a jerk...way to hang humanity out to dry..(which wouldn't be all that mean if god weren't omnipotent)

obviously it doesn't really matter what we think about this since if this god exists, he is the ultimate authority on what is good and bad, right and wrong..(although I believe that all sentient beings are entitled to an opinion on this).

which is more in line with what your (possibly god-given sense of logic and morality) make you think of these..

EDIT: and yes, I know I have biased(using correctly?) the results..no need to point it out /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 02:01 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif He's just funnin', son.

chezlaw
10-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Original sin is blithering nonsense but lets not blame any god for it.

chez

luckyme
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look again at why we were created: not to do good, not to be nice to each other. We were created for a relationship with the Almighty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't seem much different than a pervert that raises little girls so he can torment them, or anything else he want to do with them, good or bad. HIS playthings.

luckyme

Prodigy54321
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't seem much different than a pervert that raises little girls so he can torment them, or anything else he want to do with them, good or bad. HIS playthings.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

but at least he could argue that what he gets out of it is worth tormenting them...this cannot be true with god if we consider him to perfect at all times.

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Always with the wrench in the gears, eh no, lucky?

The decisions get made in planck intervals.

Whatever. I'm gonna go sleep for a million years. GL with the next scramble. IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER WAY!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~FM

valenzuela
10-26-2006, 03:26 PM
u dont get it, if there is a GOD he gets to decide whats good and moral not us

luckyme
10-26-2006, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that always end in the 'can HE decide that a bad thing is good'.
If yes, problem A.
If no, problem B.

luckyme

chezlaw
10-26-2006, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a fun idea. You die and get to heaven and find its painful and dark and harsh. God says 'good isn't it?'

chez

luckyme
10-26-2006, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On what basis then would we decide that HE is good.. if we can't trust our moral judgement than we may well have been sucked in to siding with the devil? If we can trust our moral judgement than..hmmmm

luckyme

valenzuela
10-26-2006, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a fun idea. You die and get to heaven and find its painful and dark and harsh. God says 'good isn't it?'

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

GOD is supposed to be this supreme dude.
God decides what is wrong and right , should he exist.
God isnt only a being that created the world , he also sustains it!! I think that given those two conditions he gets to decide whats wrong and right.
If God, happens to exist, then just think about the thread sklansky made about handicapping debaters. I think you dont stand a chance against God.
btw Im an atheist.

Prodigy54321
10-26-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean kind of like I said in the OP? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kurto
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
More fun... we're punished for the sinful nature of Adam and Eve... whose fault is that? God created their sinful nature. If God existed, all blame leads back to him.

chezlaw
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

GOD is supposed to be this supreme dude.
God decides what is wrong and right , should he exist.
God isnt only a being that created the world , he also sustains it!! I think that given those two conditions he gets to decide whats wrong and right.
If God, happens to exist, then just think about the thread sklansky made about handicapping debaters. I think you dont stand a chance against God.
btw Im an atheist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not about handicapping or debate. If god says you are not in pain and you think you are then god is wrong - he doesn't get to decide about it.

Suffering for the sake of it isn't good. Saying that it is if god says it is just removes any meaning from the idea of goodness.

chez