PDA

View Full Version : False enlightenment and bridging to the trans-rational

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Hello, am looking for some feedback on this. Berate me please.

You think that you get it but have an underlying unease because you can’t think on your toes, you’re attached to your knowledge. This is what people mean when they say it’s not intellectual, but they don’t explain that intellect rides in the wake of nothingness. So it’s not like you don’t have an intellect; like you are supposed to give up your thoughts and feelings for some hippy love. There is awareness that can be ‘purified’ through non-intervention of the mind, egolessness, which means you think whatever it is that you think, but you acknowledge and accept your thoughts and feelings without cutting them off which is repression/depression. In short, you are just meticulously aware of your thoughts. Then your personality is not caught up in your thoughts and feelings which are subject to any whim of your attachments, but rather you act from an overseeing point of view which is a foothold in the timeless. From the timeless, you are able to see clearly because you are not in fear or self conscious of your own thoughts; you have battled your demons, or at least have a working knowledge of dealing with your thoughts, which is enough to surf with.

When you see clearly you can assess how you repress yourself and when you see how you repress yourself you can heal yourself through awareness which is love. When you’re aware of how you’re a [censored]-up, you automatically correct yourself, unless you’re scared to look at yourself honestly, then you hide, creating an aversion in your mind and a subsequent neurosis to cover up the imperfection in the basic perfection of conscious awareness. This is the process, I believe, Ken Wilber refers to when he talks about the yellow stage in Spiral Dynamics (Clare W. Graves, furthered by Don Beck and Chris Cowen). Yellow is the first stage of the ‘second tier’ which occurs after a shift in consciousness happens. Zen says the gateless gate, the step in the direction of enlightenment. Regardless, yellow, or whatever is where you accept the stream of consciousness that runs through your system, without interfering (egolessness) and of which you can be conscious of because that’s all you really are when your ‘small self’ (ego) dies, or at least you see that the ego or grasping self is inhibitive when reinforced. For example, when you continue to delve into your attachments/addictions although you ‘know’ you shouldn’t be, you reinforce your ego or, the devil. The devil isn’t something to hide from though, the devil sits shotgun once you are tainted, have been kicked out of Eden. Now in order to get back in, you really do have to do what is ‘right,’ or, the relinquishing of your attachments, seeing how you are defiled and loving yourself, being aware of how you ‘sin,’ attach, are addicted to something in your mind. It’s pretty easy if you look at it from an encompassing point of view. You’re born into ‘heaven,’ reality, get defiled by the ‘real world’, the ugliness that man has created through attachment/separation of which you are a part of now, and now you have to fight for your mind through the abstainment of the ab-use of power, willpower. Doing what is right. How do you know what is right. When you know your own mind from an observational role you see how you mis-take reality, and you see that you do so from an egotistical p.o.v. To just be aware of that is the step towards purification and purpose.

MidGe
10-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Nooooo, not another one! They really are coming out of the woodwork! LOL /images/graemlins/smile.gif

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 06:21 AM
Hah okay I'm crazy, tell me why.

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Can you summarize this in ten words, please? I'm looking at the screen sideways.

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 06:30 AM
People write long books about explaining the spiritual path and I'm trying to dumb it down while still being insightful.

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Cool. Carry on.

MidGe
10-26-2006, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hah okay I'm crazy, tell me why.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not crazy, unless craziness seems to be the norm. You are just a believer.

[ QUOTE ]
creating an aversion in your mind and a subsequent neurosis to cover up the imperfection in the basic perfection of conscious awareness. This is the process, I believe, Ken Wilber refers to when he talks about the yellow stage in Spiral Dynamics (Clare W. Graves, furthered by Don Beck and Chris Cowen). Yellow is the first stage of the ‘second tier’ which occurs after a shift in consciousness happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sell yourself short. You are way beyond the yellow of second tier. You must be verging on the brown of top tier. You know? The color of BS.

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Cheers mate.

MidGe
10-26-2006, 07:54 AM
That's ok dude. When you mix zen and ego sizes (small, medium, large, or xtra-large for that matter, etc...) I know you don't know what you are talking about. If you disagree, enlighten me and show me one classical, no new age BS, zen writing that mention large or small egos. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, I am not a zen follower, just happen to know something about it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by ego sizes, or where I referred to that. I'm just trying to explain what it means to be yourself which seems impossible the more I try /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MidGe
10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just trying to explain what it means to be yourself which seems impossible the more I try

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you want an easy answer, enlightenment comes when you realize there is no enlightenment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy... keep quiet!

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
fkkkkk im retarded, good lookin out bro.

madnak
10-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Why is attachment ugly?

Let's assume attachment leads to suffering. Does that necessarily make it ugly?

Is ugly necessarily a bad thing?

Who's your favorite character from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?"

natzucowww
10-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Crack addicts would rather be not addicted than addicted, they can't help themselves and when in that mindset they do 'ugly' things in the form of disrespect for themselves.

madnak
10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
You speak with authority, but you're not convincing. Do the crack addicts not want to be addicted? Do the crack addicts even know what they want? And does crack have anything to do with it, one way or the other?

Disrespect! Ugliness! Egotism! Defilement. Oh, we live in such a sorry world. Hahaha.

The truth is as much to be found in the horrible things as in the beautiful.

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Well said.

OP, if you have an angle, you're gonna have to try harder 'round these parts. They tear every argument apart with relish. If you don't mind the mustard, it's all good. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

natzucowww
10-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Not want to be addicted? Do you want to be a crack whore? Do they know what they want? Yeah they want fulfillment in some way and use crack to fill it which ends up fking them up because they become addicted. Does crack have anything to do with it? Well it's an example of addiction of which there are many forms.

[ QUOTE ]
Disrespect! Ugliness! Egotism! Defilement. Oh, we live in such a sorry world. Hahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

We fight and kill people over illusionary differences, you don't think that's sorry?

[ QUOTE ]
The truth is as much to be found in the horrible things as in the beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's an epiphany. So the world is the way that it is and one should see things as they are to see the truth. Okay so why or how are people delusional. Why and how do they hold onto beliefs, does this not have to do with attachment and addiction?

aeest400
10-27-2006, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you want an easy answer, enlightenment comes when you realize there is no enlightenment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy... keep quiet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Deepest thought of the month award to MidGe

madnak
10-27-2006, 08:10 AM
My karma ran over my dogma?

CityFan
10-27-2006, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello, am looking for some feedback on this. Berate me please.

You think that you get it but have an underlying unease because you can’t think on your toes, you’re attached to your knowledge. This is what people mean when they say it’s not intellectual, but they don’t explain that intellect rides in the wake of nothingness. So it’s not like you don’t have an intellect; like you are supposed to give up your thoughts and feelings for some hippy love. There is awareness that can be ‘purified’ through non-intervention of the mind, egolessness, which means you think whatever it is that you think, but you acknowledge and accept your thoughts and feelings without cutting them off which is repression/depression. In short, you are just meticulously aware of your thoughts. Then your personality is not caught up in your thoughts and feelings which are subject to any whim of your attachments, but rather you act from an overseeing point of view which is a foothold in the timeless. From the timeless, you are able to see clearly because you are not in fear or self conscious of your own thoughts; you have battled your demons, or at least have a working knowledge of dealing with your thoughts, which is enough to surf with.

When you see clearly you can assess how you repress yourself and when you see how you repress yourself you can heal yourself through awareness which is love. When you’re aware of how you’re a [censored]-up, you automatically correct yourself, unless you’re scared to look at yourself honestly, then you hide, creating an aversion in your mind and a subsequent neurosis to cover up the imperfection in the basic perfection of conscious awareness. This is the process, I believe, Ken Wilber refers to when he talks about the yellow stage in Spiral Dynamics (Clare W. Graves, furthered by Don Beck and Chris Cowen). Yellow is the first stage of the ‘second tier’ which occurs after a shift in consciousness happens. Zen says the gateless gate, the step in the direction of enlightenment. Regardless, yellow, or whatever is where you accept the stream of consciousness that runs through your system, without interfering (egolessness) and of which you can be conscious of because that’s all you really are when your ‘small self’ (ego) dies, or at least you see that the ego or grasping self is inhibitive when reinforced. For example, when you continue to delve into your attachments/addictions although you ‘know’ you shouldn’t be, you reinforce your ego or, the devil. The devil isn’t something to hide from though, the devil sits shotgun once you are tainted, have been kicked out of Eden. Now in order to get back in, you really do have to do what is ‘right,’ or, the relinquishing of your attachments, seeing how you are defiled and loving yourself, being aware of how you ‘sin,’ attach, are addicted to something in your mind. It’s pretty easy if you look at it from an encompassing point of view. You’re born into ‘heaven,’ reality, get defiled by the ‘real world’, the ugliness that man has created through attachment/separation of which you are a part of now, and now you have to fight for your mind through the abstainment of the ab-use of power, willpower. Doing what is right. How do you know what is right. When you know your own mind from an observational role you see how you mis-take reality, and you see that you do so from an egotistical p.o.v. To just be aware of that is the step towards purification and purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely lacking in context (and also paragraphs) and assumes that I know about something called the yellow spiral, or something, and something else called the devil.

I can't comment on it because it is impossible to tell what you are actually trying to say.

natzucowww
10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Well the context is the title of post and it's supposed to be a description of waking up to your minds' processes so you can let them go and see the world without concepts.

natzucowww
10-27-2006, 09:44 AM
hah okay