PDA

View Full Version : ($50 6-Max) Bottom 2 turns Full on River

redCashion
10-26-2006, 05:00 AM
No reads on the villain other than his play was fairly good, he wasn't someone I was targetting and didn't seem to get too out of line. I was a little uneasy on the flop, and probably should have folded to his re-raise. My plan was to fold on the river if the hand didn't improve. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

UTG ($70.30)
MP ($58.20)
Button ($34.90)
SB ($22.75)
Hero ($73.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($21.25) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12.

River: ($45.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $29</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $35.7</font>, Hero calls $6.70.

ymu
10-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Weird hand. Unless he open limps AQ/KK+ it's hard to see what he could have that you're beating on the flop - a set requires him to open limp QQ/TT/77 and you have one each of the most likely candidates. Q7 is possible if he open limps crap. He may assume you're check-raising with a draw and wants to push you off it with his TPGK - or he has something like KsJs/8s9s.

I'm not sure I find a fold anywhere here because AK/K9/QJ don't make much sense given the flop action and if he was drawing only 8s9s made it - but I agree, I don't like it.

On the river, you have no choice - and I think the value bet is right given his range. Only QQ/JJ or the case T with Q or J beat us - all of these are fairly unlikely given preflop and the caseness of the T.

I think you should lead this flop - bottom two is very very vulnerable if called, especially on a flop like this.

AJGibson
10-26-2006, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was a little uneasy on the flop, and probably should have folded to his re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find a fold here, you're behind to only to QQ, 77, TT, Q7 or QT. All of the pockets are highly unlikley, Q7, QT are possible and obviously dangerious. But I think a larger part of his range is some sort of pair + draw, or combo draw type hand. Which may be favorite but you still have the odds to continue.

Turn seems ok but I'd prefer to c/c on the river.

Sir Winalot
10-26-2006, 06:05 AM
IMO he's showing that he can beat at least one pair, which means your bottom two is beat too. But I'm on a weak-tightish mood today, so beat me.

uminchu
10-26-2006, 06:44 AM
man this screams QT like no body s business, i relatively solid player Open limps and then raises the flop here, and leads heavy on turn and raises your river bet, there is no way your Good here IMO and QT is exactly what he has ALL the time here or some weak ass Q7 but you said he doesnt get outta line so that doesnt make any sense

sure Limping qt is bad, but limping in general is bad in six max so sucks to your asmar that you lost but it happens

mordauk
10-26-2006, 06:47 AM
I'd put him on 98spades or QT, and many players sure limp first in with those hands. So, I would have hard time calling turn bet.

Hes acting atleast so strong that I think he has you beat. So by the river I believe he has QT or some very aggresively played JT.

pokerchap
10-26-2006, 07:37 AM
i think this is usually QT also but because im a fish i don't see a fold anywhere .