PDA

View Full Version : Best Line Against an overcard Bluff/CBET? NL 25

pdoran10
10-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Long time player and post reader, first time poster.

I consider myself a pretty decent reader of hands and find myself out of position heads up after calling a raise, knowing that i have my opponenent beat on a dry or mostly dry flop with ace high, or ace with a higher kicker on 6 max tables. My question is, what line should i take when I know my no pair hand is good. Check raising the flop usually gets a call at these stakes. Check calling, and then leading a safe turn works occasionaly, but often they will call with a weak draw by then, and the river is tough...I suppose donk betting the flop, or check calling all the way could work, but they seem like weak/very beatable plays.

Thoughts anyone? I know the best play would be villan specific for each situation, but many times there isnt enough infomation to make an informed play...

Sir Winalot
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Post hands where this happens and you'll get answers.

But as a broad advice I think c/c flop and c/r turn works well but is kinda costly if your read is wrong. I'm usually just giving up and leaving these kind of situations to when I'm in position where I can c/c flop and c/f turn if he bets and bet if he checks.

But I'm not very used to this kind of situations as usually it's me doing the raising and c-betting. /images/graemlins/grin.gif