PDA

View Full Version : Man's Sinful Nature

Prodigy54321
10-26-2006, 12:34 AM
a random txag quote to show you what I'm talking about..

[ QUOTE ]
Did he intend for us to fall into sin? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't "falling into sin" sinful?

How did man "fall into sin" if we weren't already sinful?

it seems that god would have had to create us with this sinful nature any way you look at it (and I think he could have created without this nature..although I'll probably be told I am wrong)...he is therefore responsible for it

I'm going to take a guess that this has something to do with the devil..but I am lacking in knowledge of this curous character..I need to be enlightened (if my hunch is correct obviously)

feel free to ask your own questions about our sinful nature in this thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif..it frequently confuses the hell out of me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

51cards
10-26-2006, 05:43 AM
sin(x)^2 + cos(x)^2 = ?

That's all.

MidGe
10-26-2006, 05:55 AM
"sinful" is a theist concept. It has no more validity than the concept of god, however that one is defined (in about as many ways as there are believers). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 06:06 AM
lol

txag007
10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it seems that god would have had to create us with this sinful nature any way you look at it (and I think he could have created without this nature..although I'll probably be told I am wrong)...he is therefore responsible for it

[/ QUOTE ]
God did create man without this nature. Adam & Eve did not have a sinful nature, but a perfect nature. They were in perfect communion with God. It was when they chose to believe what Satan told them over what God told them and then acted upon that belief that God punished their sin by kicking them out of Eden, removing their perfect nature and replacing it with the same sinful nature we are born with today.

Is God responsible for our sinful nature? Rebellion (sin) against God must be punished for by his nature He is the standard for goodness. Adam & Eve are responsible because of their sin.

chezlaw
10-26-2006, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
God did create man without this nature. Adam & Eve did not have a sinful nature, but a perfect nature. They were in perfect communion with God. It was when they chose to believe what Satan told them over what God told them and then acted upon that belief that God punished their sin by kicking them out of Eden, removing their perfect nature and replacing it with the same sinful nature we are born with today.

[/ QUOTE ]
So all the fun we get to have is down to them.

Who would have Adam and Eve'd it.

chez

madnak
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
If they had a perfect nature, they wouldn't have chosen to believe Satan. Whatever it was in their nature that led them to follow Satan, God created it.

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
I have a hard time thinkin' that in a perfect world, sex would exist.

Soooo good, that Original Sin.

She
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time thinkin' that in a perfect world, sex would exist.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't want to live in a perfect world then. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, but I do think the christian god views sex as good. That was actually one of his first instructions... "Hey dude, this is your wife... now go have sex with her."

FortunaMaximus
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif No doubt.