PDA

View Full Version : Wink Wink

Foucault
10-26-2006, 12:02 AM
I got this e-mail from RoyalCardClub.com today and chuckled at the part that I've bolded here:

[ QUOTE ]
Good day,

We are pleased to announce www.RoyalCardClub.com (http://www.RoyalCardClub.com) will continue to accept players from 39 USA states.

However, we regret that under the provisions of the 'Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act' we will no longer be able to accept online gaming transactions from customers who live in the following states:

Illinois
Indiana
Louisiana
Michigan
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
South Dakota
Washington
Wisconsin

If you registered with your address in one of these states and you have moved to another state which is not in the list above you are welcome to continue playing at Royal Card Club. If you are in this situation please email me ASAP to inform me of your new address and that you wish to continue playing at Royal Card Club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atmosphere
10-26-2006, 12:49 AM
heh

greg nice
10-26-2006, 02:24 AM
haha awesome

Quanah Parker
10-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Isn't it about time the Poker players all move to one state together to consolidate our power?

Pick a state.

TobDog
10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Just for fun, if anyone knows, what is the most internet gambling friendly state?

permafrost
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just for fun, if anyone knows, what is the most internet gambling friendly state?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be very fun to find ANY internet gambling FRIENDLY State.

Nikoms
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Nevada?

burningyen
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nevada?

[/ QUOTE ]
Try again.

Girchuck
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM
New Jersey?

sweetjazz
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
East Dakota?

Jilly
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Isn't it Nebraska or South Dakota? ISTR one of them looking for ways to pass a state law specifically allowing internet poker as an addition to their gambling laws.

4_2_it
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting some very bad answers here. Everyone knows it is Canada.

Kevmath
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
It's North Dakota who had a bill passed through one of their legislative bodies. However, their Attorney General has said recently that it wouldn't be wise attempting to get online poker/gambling legalized in that state.

Poofler
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it about time the Poker players all move to one state together to consolidate our power?

Pick a state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wyoming. Only about 500,000 people live there. 250K show up to the polls in 2004. Chit, we could elect Phil Helmuth for Senate to just piss everyone off.

RGL
10-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Wyoming is good. Also Montana. Poker is a big part of the tradition of these two states, and very low populations. And very freedom, live-and-let-live oriented. Montana didn't even have speed limits until recently!

Quanah Parker
10-26-2006, 02:58 PM
OK, Montana and Wyoming. Either one sounds good.

Any good plan requires a back up plan.
Anybody know the status of Puerto Rico?
Are they considered part of the US for the online ban?
Can a US citizen move there hassle free?
Man, that would save me the trouble of moving to Costa Rico and I could still work on my tan and maybe learn to surf.

BJK
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it Nebraska or South Dakota? ISTR one of them looking for ways to pass a state law specifically allowing internet poker as an addition to their gambling laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

North Dakota passed a bill through it's state House back in 2004 that allowed for a board to be set up to regulate internet gambling sites within the state. After a threat from the federal government, the state Senate balked and the bill died.

BJK
10-26-2006, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wyoming is good. Also Montana. Poker is a big part of the tradition of these two states, and very low populations. And very freedom, live-and-let-live oriented. Montana didn't even have speed limits until recently!

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote for North Dakota. Poker is a big part of the state heritage here, but people seem to be evenly split in their support of it. However, the state's very small population would be easy to overcome, and there are already poker allies in the state legislature.

The biggest advantage, though, is that a large percentage of the state's population doesn't even know what "internet" is.

TomVeil
10-26-2006, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wyoming. Only about 500,000 people live there. 250K show up to the polls in 2004. Chit, we could elect Phil Helmuth for Senate to just piss everyone off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd vote for him just so he'd spend less time on tv poker.

Mroberts3
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
guys come on, its not about what state is the most gambling friendly. We need to go to Wyoming where there are so few people we could be the majority. Once we legalize gambling all the fish will come to our wonderful state. It's a fool-proof plan, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.