PDA

View Full Version : You're not stealing my blind!

robinmbuk
10-25-2006, 06:50 PM
NL$10, Full Ring.
I have around a full buyin, villian has about the same sized stack.
I'm in the small blind, holding ATo.
Villian in the BB is a LAG the rasies about 20% of hands pf, and often tends to be more aggressive with small hands, and more inclined to play his big hands slowly.
I have
The table folds to me, and so I raise. Not exactly a steal, I'd raise this hand from middle position first in.
Villian responds by pushing.

This is obviously a LAG response to a blind steal, but how do you deal with this? Just never steal his blind? If I do have a genuine hand in this position, what do you call the all in with (maybe he did have a good hand in the BB but I'm willing to bet he did it with just any hand). My point is say I pick up AK in the SB, table folds to me and I make a standard raise like this. He pushes. Do I call? I was tempted to call with my ATo just to show him I would and he could'nt f**k with me, but I relented. Is this weak or just sensible?

Robin

MrMysterious
10-25-2006, 07:03 PM
if he does this more than once, you should deffinately call with AK, i mean, i might tighten up a bit, but if he does it a couple times in a session id probly call with 99-AA and AK AQ and maybe Ajs depending on frequency.

ATo is, imho, a bit mediocre. but you have a brilliant opportunity to stack him. if you want, lighten up you raises a bit from this spot to make his pushes less profitable (i don't usually like a min raise, but if hes doing this alot, then he will have to push twice as often to pull the same profit, and then you have twice as many hands to hit you special hand, so mix it up.)

the exact range of hands you should use really depends on how often he does this, but don't back down, take note of the frequency and charge him that time that you hit a solid hand.

one final thing, if he just did it once he might have actually had a hand, something to remember.

UncleKraut
10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I like the fold with AT to his push.

With a retard like this I like to trap. Just limp next time with a mediocre hand, and if you flop something stack his ass.

I don't like the "he's aggressive, so I have to be more aggressive logic." Your opportunity to stack him will come. Calling all-in with AT is definitely -EV in this situation.

robinmbuk
10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one final thing, if he just did it once he might have actually had a hand, something to remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it did cross my mind that he might have picked up a premium pp and though 'He'd never guess I'd pull this move with such a great hand'.

I think he's a reasonably good LAG, but I'm keeping notes and building a strategy to stack him /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HitNRunPoster
10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Villain overplayed his hand greatly.

Firstly, my goal in this spot is to call hands that have 50% equity. This basically allows me a little leeway if I screwwed up his range and it was tighter than I thought. I also don't take into consideration the rake.

Anyways, I'd fold this.