PDA

View Full Version : Proportionately bigger BR for multitabling?

Oranzith
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Right, so I have worked my roll up to 350 from 0 (quite proud of this, yes I am newbie, but I used one of those Free 50 at party things =D) playing 1-2 tables of 10NL then now some 25NLm - all FR

I am going to try moving slowly into the realm of more tables, but am wondering if my BR needs to be larger to handle these tables? Sitting at four tables of 25NL is over 1/3 my BR - seems tricky.

Thoughts? words of wisdom?

netstorm
10-25-2006, 06:49 PM
The general rule here is 20 buyins for any level. You currently have 14. I dont really mind this, it just depends on if/when you tilt, will it affect all tables? If so,dont add to much tables yet. Just grind it up to 18-20 buyins.

I would also depend on your winrate though. If you're doing good (5ptbb/100+, no large swings) I'd say go for it. Ive never needed a bigger BR than 20 buyins, and neither have a lot of others.

gdsdiscgolfer
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
As long as you practice good BR management (wrt # buy-ins, etc.), the needed bankroll doesn't really change based on how many number of tables you play. 350's a bit small in general for 25nl, but you can play like 3 tables of 10nl and 1 of 25 at the same time.
However, your winrate will likely be lower, especially at first, (but your hourly rate will go up) so you might want to do specifically 10nl at first. Also, phase in 1 more table at a time instead of jumping straight from 1 to 4, it'll make the transition a lot easier.

Oranzith
10-25-2006, 06:55 PM
good advice guys, thanks. I do think you are right in saying play a few tables of 10NL rather than trying multi-tabling with 25NL, I was going to go down that route, and your advise makes this seem like an accurate method. my 25NL is limited to <1000 hands so I certainly am no expert there.

good point on the tilt, psychological effects will span all the tables. sure this is all common knowledge, but it seems inciteful round my parts heh.

UncleKraut
10-25-2006, 06:58 PM
I think 20 buy-ins is conservative, but it all depends on what you're comfartable with and what you playing style is.

I'd say 15 is plenty to multi table if you're a decent player.

I have 6 tabled with 10 buy ins in the past with no problem. I know this is frowned upon around here. So stick to the 15-20 buy ins.