PDA

View Full Version : If I canīt make people fold in this hand, I am too weak!

essence86
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi!

I just played a hand, and the outcome of it really bothers me. Itīs nog a big pot. But I played the pot badly, or, I played it too weak. A little more agressivity would probably have won the pot for me!

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $18.65
CO: $59.12
Hero: $22.15
SB: $22
BB: $8.49

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.55</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.1, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.6</font>, SB calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($11.3, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: $11.3
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows Ac Js </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Qd Ks </font>

If you look at my bet sizes...I assume they are to small!
I personally feel, that the turn bet is horrible!

n1nj4.br
10-25-2006, 06:44 PM
bet more on flop and turn. 2/3 pot or more.

netstorm
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM
2/3 - PSB on flop
1/2 on turn.

TPGK is a mediocre hand, protect it!

IceMuncher
10-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Other than making slightly larger bet sizes, you played this very well. Villian was calling down as a heavy underdog, hit it, then made $0 after after hitting it.

MortenTA
10-25-2006, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Other than making slightly larger bet sizes, you played this very well. Villian was calling down as a heavy underdog, hit it, then made $0 after after hitting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

robinmbuk
10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes, you could have bet a little bit more on the turn. You have top pair and a good kicker so there's no need to get the pot too large. $1.55 is ~1/2 pot, which is fine given the texture of the flop (there are no draws). I would have bet a bit more on the turn, say $3. There's no need to go overboard on the turn, as villian called you on a draw free flop which is worrying (this indicates either flopped set, or villian is a donk).

However, that said you lost this hand not due to your bet sizes, but because villian is retard who drew to a 3 outer. You bet when you were ahead, and checked when you weren't. +EV for you, -EV for him. Now you just need to make a note on this villian that he'll call down a pf raiser with any two face cards, so next time you can charge him loads of money to beat you. I'll guess he'll still call, he is obviously a calling station. Just don't cbet him.