PDA

View Full Version : 25NL floating with ak

cjs
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
villian is alittle loose and laggy preflop.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0
UTG+1: $15.10
CO: $26.55
Hero: $31.90
SB: $24.40
BB: $9.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Hero calls.

I would usually reraise ak pre but decided to use my position and just called.
Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

Is this a good call with the idea I may try and steal it on the turn when a blank falls?

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls.

I don't have to steal with the A failing so I decide to slowplay. I put the villian on a high PP or a weaker A.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($11.35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $6.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $26.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $14.55</font>.
Uncalled bets: $5.35 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $58.8

Do you like the way I played this hand? Any comments appreciated.

essence86
10-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Steal it on the turn? I donīt think he would have stopped betting the turn, even if a blank falls.

I sometimes make this play too, calling with AK pre-flop. But I donīt like this play in this pot...

He raises to $1. MANY players raise any two-suited card to $1. He could literally have anything. At least, this is my experience. He might have raised A-10s, in which case, you are an extreme underdog after the flop.

If you raise pre-flop, say to $3, youīll have some more information about his hand. If he raised a hand like JJ, he would probably be scared for the Turn card, since you raised it to $3.

Now, the Turn play is totally ok I feel. By simply calling, you keep the pot down if you are behind.
The River is a good card for two reasons. You improve your hand. And he is more likely to pay you off with JJ, QQ.
The two aces on board makes it less likely that you hold an ace.

My guess is that he showed down JJ, or something like AJ, AQ. Maybe he simply continue betted the flop. If he did that, the Turn play was wonderful =)

My thoughts...but, I am a learning n00b player :P

MrMysterious
10-25-2006, 06:53 PM
well, as long as you usually raise to 3-4 pf thats good.
either way, flop is okay if you want to float provided you have a reason to suspect he is weak, i.e. reads or whatever, does he usually Cont bet with nothing?. This would be a decent flop to do it on.

either way, turn is fine, only because its a pretty drawless board (only gutshots as i see it). Im not too keen on push if hes deeper, but its fine simply cause he doesn't have much left. I kinda hope he had TT.

IceMuncher
10-25-2006, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I kinda hope he had TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you hope that he beats Hero?

cjs
10-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Maybe he doesn't like me.

MrMysterious
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
i dunno, i just would think its funny, nothing malicous really :P

marvin_1935
10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
i'm more apt to call ak oop rather than in position, in position i'm reraising every time so i can use my position to take down the pot on the flop ui