PDA

View Full Version : I made a bad laydown with AK?

essence86
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
I made a bad laydown earlier. At least I think so.

I didnīt know anything about this player before, I had just played the table a few minutes.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.6, 3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.6, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $19.41</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $19.41 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $12.6
<font color="#ffffff">CO shows 2s Qs </font>

Villain shows down Q-2 of spades, I folded my 86% or something.

UncleKraut
10-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Don't worry about it. I make this laydown 99% of the time. Villain is an idiot. I'm sure he went broke soon after this play.

VorShot
10-25-2006, 06:24 PM
(Please take everything i say with a grain of salt, as i am learning myself)

With no read, there is nothing wrong with folding TPTK. These are the hands where a note should be made on the player...and if he seems to be playing like this the entire time he's at the table, i'd find him at the next table he sat at as well.

crookdimwit
10-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Given that you didn't have a read on the villain, I think you probably made the right move. Very few players make turn re-raises with junk.

You got bluffed, but take a note on the guy and try to find him at a table next time. Watch him play and if he's as loose and wild as he seems in this hand, pick your spots and take advantage of his recklessness...

marvin_1935
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
stack sizes?

i would make it 3 on the flop, 6 on the turn and fold to a raise (w/o reads). as played . . . i dont really know

essence86
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, u guys are probably right. Very few people make this play with junk, so I guess itīs not very much to think about. As over 85% the time, they will have the goods.

gdsdiscgolfer
10-25-2006, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stack sizes?

i would make it 3 on the flop, 6 on the turn and fold to a raise (w/o reads). as played . . . i dont really know

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your bet sizes. At that point, however, Villain's stack would be small enough that it would be a call.

Thrahl
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
If youre going to bet this turn make it at least 2/3 size of the pot. It looks to villain like youre weak.

marvin_1935
10-25-2006, 07:09 PM
really? villain would be pushing 19 into a $16 pot and 13 to us to call. after betting 3 on the flop and 6 on the turn i feel like i've defined my hand enough to fold. is a little less than 3-1 enough to call?

kaz2107
10-25-2006, 07:14 PM
without a read this is almost always K8, a set, or some one being cute with AA. tha fold looks fine to me.

and then when he shows that rubbish u kno u will eventually get his money so dont sweat it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-brew-
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
just think of how stoopit you would feel getting stacked on a pair, plus the next time he tries that [censored] you can loot his stack. good fold, there are better times to get your money into the pot

ronitonline
10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I would try to bet closer to the pot on the turn and avoid a weakish looking bet, I think that is why he raised you, this happaned to me about 2 months ago, was at a live game, I raised PF, contiuned with a pussy looking bet like yours, and got raised all in, he showed down AJ high.

pokerchap
10-25-2006, 08:18 PM
"very few people make this play with junk".. I am not sure about that. ITS PARTY NL25.

I call this. you will have most hands dominated a lot of the time.

ronitonline
10-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah well NL25 is full of people with no money AKA mostly noobs AKA people who play straightfoward.
I dont know if you noticed, but most noobs are calling stations, not outrageous bluffers.

Ranma4703
10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Terrible play. Bet more on flop, get it all in on turn. A board like this is where you stack KQ KJ KT, not worry about being behind when the only reasonable hand that beats you is a set. Also, if you bet weak like that you have to call a push, because you are appearing weak and your opponent knows they can take you off your hand.

Khaos4k
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Baluga Theorem. Standard.

kurto
10-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Hopefully this is indicative of his play. Cause he'll give away his stack. I like when they feel the need to show their bluff because it can help you evaluate your hand strength in the future.

These are great players to bet weakly when you have a monster. They can't resist and will push their stacks with nothing.

ronitonline
10-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Betting the same on the flop and turn is the true tell of a total fish, I wouldnt do that again not unless you know someone will play back at you, make sure you have the nuts!

uminchu
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Um this is why you check behind with top pair on a dry board, then when he bluffs the river large you get to call cuz he is retardid, and probably wont shove river, your hand is good but not great and you want showdown, with a flush draw on the board i bet the whole way and maybe check river, but here im definately checking behind on turn and letting him bluff the river

crookdimwit
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"very few people make this play with junk".. I am not sure about that. ITS PARTY NL25.

I call this. you will have most hands dominated a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it's Party25... and yep, there are some knuckleheads there who bluff over overplay TPNK... But I've probably lost more money with top pair or an overpair, calling an all-in, and assuming that my opponent was some donkey with a weaker pair than any other way at that level. More often than not, a turn re-raise push is a legit hand...