PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - AQ Top pair flop gets re-raised

Triggerle
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Is this corectly played?

Villian does not play a short-stack strategy as far as I can tell. He just buys in short and plays weak.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05./$0.10.
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.90
UTG+1: $4.77
MP1: $9.30
MP2: $11.65
CO: $6.10
Button: $11.90
Hero: $10.25
BB: $12.55

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, 5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $1.9</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.3, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.3)

Results:
Final pot: $10.3

Dave I
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Fine, or just put him in on the flop or turn since we're not folding.

carnivalhobo
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
theres no re-rasise in this hand, although i think you should just push the flop. You see fds and worse aces here pretty often IMO.

flowerizzle
10-25-2006, 04:57 PM
wheres the problem? u cant fold to a minraise of a shorty and u cant fold to a 1/3 pot bet here on a blank.

Triggerle
10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wheres the problem? u cant fold to a minraise of a shorty and u cant fold to a 1/3 pot bet here on a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no "problem". As an inexperienced player I often just honestly don't know if my thinking process is correct.

I'm pretty much straight down 10 buy-ins since I started to play NL 6000 hands ago and need reassurance that not all of that is because I suck at NL.

Coming from Limit I know the face of variance but I want to be sure it is just variance and not bad play.

Once I have more experience I guess my questions will become more interesting.

Vammakala
10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Key word here is short-stack, I wouldn't go broke here for full stack in full ring. My guess is he had two pair or set, but this isn't so bad since people at that level will happily be in with AT type of hands.

If you feel he really is strong (which is often the case with minraise), fold to the minraise or if you feel you have the best hand, just put it in. He has $2 left after you call the minraise, there's no way that's not going into the pot before the river anyway, so it's better to put it in now that you think you're ahead for sure. Lots of scary cards can come to make it more ackward. I think the most reasonable holdings you're afraid of are A3 (6 outs on flop, probably 9 on turn), AJ (3 on flop, probably 3 on turn), 33 (you're screwed). Don't think other hands are that likely in this spot (besides ofc the weaker aces you beat)