PDA

View Full Version : 25NL 6 max: Flop OESFD; horrible relative position

floppy
10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $63.45
UTG+1: $17.25
CO: $13.55
Hero: $68.35
SB: $17.70
BB: $43.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>

Thoughts?

Gravy
10-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I'd fold preflop.

Given that you're here I'd raise flop to $3.

EMc
10-25-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop.

Given that you're here I'd raise flop to $6.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Otherwise its correct.

BukNaked36
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Raise and be ready to push against CO &amp; SB.

The only iffy thing here is if BB is involved as that would make effective stacks ~ 170BB, which would be a pretty major push.

littlebu
10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UncleKraut
10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Personally, when you want to play crap like this on the button come in for a raise.

C-bet the flop. Most likely you're not going to hit anything with this kind of a hand...so this flop is great for you.

As played: re-raise to $5 on the flop and evaluate turn.

floppy
10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I'm not so sure.

This is a case where "All Your Draws Are Belong To Us" /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I have two outs to the stone cold nuts, three Aces that could cause someone to overplay TP (I say three, since they have to have one to get TP), and if someone has 57, I have 9 outs on the turn.

I'm thinking that if I call, I can stack someone with a second best hand if I get there on the turn.

As for folding preflop, I'll take my chances to stack the 170BB big blind. I'll fold to any pf raise (except perhaps a minraise), but 34s isn't ATC. I also think an advantage of low SC is that if you get the wheel, the A can cause someone else to overplay their hand, as I mentioned above.

floppy
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Bump. I'm really curious about this situation, where both you and an opponent improve, but you're hand is better.

Vammakala
10-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Heh yea don't ever raise to $3 there.

Just a thought though, could anyone make an argument for calling since your draw is pretty good and probably capable of beating many players (would add up yer equity if many players joined in) and players don't fold bigger flushdraws on that level anyway so your raise will be called by the fds, this way you'd get top or midpair type hands calling.

Also one of your outs (the ace) is probably a good card in terms of your implied odds.

BUT this is very easy fold preflop.