PDA

View Full Version : (50NL 6max) Getting frisky w/TP +meh-FD

bluefeet
10-25-2006, 03:05 PM
BB here has been extremely aggressive. Shifting into 'my hand is king' here...

- how's the Flop line?
-- is getting them in here (had it gotten to that point) reasonable?

- pedal to the metal on the Turn?

Full Tilt
(6 max...currently 4handed) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em

CO ($65.45)
BTN ($6.60)
bluefeet ($48.25)
BB ($30.70)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif]
1 fold
BNT calls $0.50
bluefeet calls $0.25
BB checks

*** FLOP *** [4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif]
bluefeet bets $1
BB raises to $2.50
<font color="gray">1 fold</font>
bluefeet raises to $8
BB calls $5.50

*** TURN *** [4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif] [2/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
bluefeet ???

nitramee
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Flop is good, pushing turn is probanly the best play imo.

subzero
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Stinks playing draws OOP. You showed strength on the flop, so I'd fire again on the turn (1/2 pot). You could have the best hand at this point. If not, you can improve on the river.

microbet
10-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I think the flop is fine.

He's very unlikely to fold a better hand on the turn. If he has a worse hand, but a good draw, he's about 25% to win.

Assume he has a draw. If you would have folded him with a push, you win $17. If you have some other way of getting him all in, you win .75 x $37 (or so) which is a lot more.

So, I like betting 3/4 pot or so and calling a push better than pushing.

If he calls the turn and pushes the river, you have a decision and making the wrong one could be costly, but calling here won't be worse that having pushed the turn.

This line is worse than pushing the turn if he would have called a push on the turn with a worse hand. If you think he'd do that, then maybe pushing is better.

GtrHtr
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I'd recommend that you don't play these hands OOP as you are getting your head around this game. Wait for position and wait for better hands.

I'd play this hand and the K5s hand out of the sb if its folded to me in the sb. In multiway pots you're just screaming to get reverse implied oddsraped and its spewage at this level.

Your flop play is actually fine, up until the rr. Now you're building a pot - or have built a pot with a guy playing back at you.

The turn you pretty much either have to try to steal this thing - which is very tough at this level with all the callmonsters or c/f - c/c a smallish donkbet. Honestly, you've got TPWK with a moderate flushdraw. Odds are your villain isn't a thinking player past level 1 and he's punishing you for trying to chase against him.

I would stay away from these situations by planning out in your head what your intentions are before you enter a pot. i.e. 88 in mp I think through my pf action and action on the flop and turn if I hit or don't hit before I act pf. Then on the flop I have a plan for the turn and river based upon the flop action.