PDA

View Full Version : Hands you dont fold in microlimit (NL50 - 6max)

SilentNoise
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Recently had a bad swing of dropping 6 buyins, first time this has happened in a long time, alot of which has been due to straight vs higher straight, flush vs higher flush, set on 3-flush boards (no i didnt pair up). So I thought I'd compile a bunch of types of hands I dont usually fold in 6max 50NL and was curious to see if you agree that folding these is bad since at these levels a worse hand will pay you off.

1) QQ preflop - i used to never fold this since i USED to believe that people will show 9-JJs enough to make just rerereraising justifiable. But sometimes I just know people aren't that dumb.

Do you ever fold QQ preflop in NL50 6max (no reads), for 100BB stacks?

2) two card straights - there have been several times when I have had the second nuts (second nut straight)..ive led out, got raised, i reraised, he pushes..and have pasted hand histories and people say it is insta-call. Do you think you see worse hands often enough to make this acceptable to call pushes with them for 100BB stacks again lets say?

3) Low flushes vs lots of action?

4) trips (not sets) like Hero is in BB with 24o, flop comes A44. If you lead out with trips as I do, do you assume that if only one person is calling you the whole way that they have an Ace, and refuse to believe you would lead out with a 4, and because of this you should still make a big pot sized value bet on the river ?

5) How much money you willing to put into the pot preflop with AKs? no reads. how many bbs? I tend not to go further than i_raise,somebody_reraises,i re-re-raise,guy_pushes ...i fold here assuming im not getting that good odds. But if i'm getting even money odds, is it fair to say you are shown lower pps than KKs enough to make an even money call with AK profitable?

6) Sets in HU or 2way pots where straight/flush is possible but only 2card straights/flushes. You willing to go broke with these most of the time if villian is showing alot of strength?

Another thing, when a villian is deep enough to POSSIBLY pay you off, without reads, do you assume every player is a donk, and therefore every player will pay you off if you hit your draw, and therefore you should go for FDs getting 3-1 with one card to come assuming you will get paid off? How often do you go for draws where implied odds are there but pot odds arent. Always? How you feel? Only if you are 100% sure you will get paid off?

Thats all i can think of for now.
Comments and reasoning appreciated.

the machine
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
i will fold any hand that is not the nuts if the action deems me to do so.

site specific hands and well tell you wether you should fold or not. generaliztions will get you nowhere here because poker isnt a game to always be played a certain way

lock

Sir Winalot
10-25-2006, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
swing of dropping 6 buyins

[/ QUOTE ]
zomfg what mumbo jumbo. This is NORMAL and it's called poker.

Things that I (20/25NL depending on site) can't fold: set anywhere, AA-QQ preflop, overpairs, flushes (small, 2nd highest, on paired boards whateva') and the list goes on. I'd probably be here tomorrow morning listing things up, but you get the idea.

bsheck
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) QQ preflop - i used to never fold this since i USED to believe that people will show 9-JJs enough to make just rerereraising justifiable. But sometimes I just know people aren't that dumb.

Do you ever fold QQ preflop in NL50 6max (no reads), for 100BB stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't done it yet, but I can envision a situation where I'll let go of the Hilton sisters preflop. On FT ring games (and probably others as well) it seems that people will only put the 3rd raise in with AA or KK. It's not like donkaments where people will put it in with QQ and AK and some other hands.

xwillience
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
everything is so dependent. you cant just set a strategy in stone and go with it. You have to adapt. If you have a str8 and some tight passive night who looks like hes been drawing just pushed when a flush card came, you might have to make a fold.

You just have to be able to adjust, if you want a set Perfect Stratey, play blackjack.

and a 6 buy in downswing isnt anything. Ive had 6 buy in swings in single day. I know thats not really comforting and poker really sucks for you right now but you just have to keep making the right plays, reguardless of the short term outcome. itll turn around and youll run on a sick heater.