PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m: TT on 9-high board, donked into on turn

Jigsaws
10-25-2006, 02:04 PM
On Prima, so no convertible hand history.

Effective stacks $47. Villain unknown.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG and CO limp, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3, CO Folds.

Flop: ($9.75) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $7.50, BB calls $7.50, UTG folds.

Turn: ($24.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets $12, Hero does what?

Vammakala
10-25-2006, 02:31 PM
God I hate these. And I have no idea.

Calls I guess. Hand like 98 is possible here.

Sir Winalot
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
I'd probably call and re-evaluate on the river, folding to bets pretty generally.

And I think you can convert with bad beats, good vibes. At least I can my ladbrokes hands.

Roadstar
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I think call and possibly fold to a /images/graemlins/spade.gif or a large bet on the river. If villain were slowplaying something like a set then it will be transparent on the river bet.

However, I think there is a good chance villain has a pair and picked up a flush draw and is coy in betting 1/2 PSB to continue drawing and have some FE
(or even a very thin vbet?) - knowing that you can't reasonably raise unless you had a very strong hand.

If its case #2, then he would check or weakly block on a river blank.

The problem is you got no reads, so the easy way out is a fold I guess.

Jigsaws
10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I think you can convert with bad beats, good vibes. At least I can my ladbrokes hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow that one is always broken for me. But I'll try it again next time.

Also, bump.

ymu
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Range is pretty wide I think - here's a stab:

Board: 9s 5h 6d 4s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 34.4877 % 34.49% 00.00% { TcTh }
Hand 2: 65.5123 % 65.51% 00.00% { 99-44, As6s, As3s, 97s, 87s, 64s, 97o, 87o, 64o }

Without a read, you have enough equity to call, and enough to call a small bet on a blank river, or a slightly larger one if you improve to a set or two pair on a non-spade river. It's hard to know which river cards are good for you though, so tread carefully.

wallywojo
10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
have you been CBetting often?

With a ragged board, this is something that I see to play back at the PF raiser/Flop CBettor.

Thoughts?

Jigsaws
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
No, he is unknown. This is the first hand we've played together.

wallywojo
10-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I know that the guidelines for this forum and SSNL is 4xBB + 1 per each limper, but it seems that there needs to be more thought placed into this because now it creates a situation that we have here.

TT can play as a big hand when it is a set, but even when it is an overpair it becomes vulnerable right?

By the turn we have a fairly large pot that even at half pot is a good bet to call. It seems like we have a conflict here between raising to protect our hand preflop and pot control post-flop.

If the pot is smaller when we get to the flop, seems like it plays out easier and the turn bet becomes an easier bet to evaluate.

kaz2107
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that the guidelines for this forum and SSNL is 4xBB + 1 per each limper, but it seems that there needs to be more thought placed into this because now it creates a situation that we have here.

TT can play as a big hand when it is a set, but even when it is an overpair it becomes vulnerable right?

By the turn we have a fairly large pot that even at half pot is a good bet to call. It seems like we have a conflict here between raising to protect our hand preflop and pot control post-flop.

If the pot is smaller when we get to the flop, seems like it plays out easier and the turn bet becomes an easier bet to evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo TT becomes even harder to play without raising standard here. have more limpers, there hands are even less defined here and thus no matter wut the flop is we basically have NO IDEA WHERE WE STAND. raising helps us tell where e are at

as for OP
i think i call the turn bet and then revaluate the river with the plan of calling another reasonable river bet assuming no scare cards come.