PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max swings. too crazy or normal?

SilentNoise
10-25-2006, 01:34 PM
it seems that when im playing for long sessions that i do once a week now like 10 hours or so, 6tabling the 6max 50NL, my swings seem to be crazy. Depending on the types of tables (lots of small pots or lots of big pots), I can s ometimes lose like 4buyins in one of these long sessions. Then in my next session I can be up like 6buyins, then lose 5, then be up 8 the next session etc. I dont think I've ever dropped more than 8 buyins. But losses of 4-5 buyins seem to quite common for me, followed by sessions where i win double that, or sessions where i just win a few buyins.

Do you think this may be because im playing too crazily and gambling too much on 50/50 draws? I feel this is part of my style though.

What do you think of these kinds of swings im experiencing. Another question, what is a decent winrate at NL50? Are most winning players going to achieve a similiar winrate (ignoring that LAG might be slightly higher than TAG and whatever). Are they more or less the same, if so...what are they?

Speedlimits
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I play 50nl and im running at 5.5ptb/100hands over 6.5k hands. small sample but I play TAG i'd say.

Montezuma21
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
it's possible you're a breakeven player. That, combined with a LAG style of play (which is more difficult to play profitably at 50 NL) would account for the very high swings. Losing 4-5 buyins isn't a huge deal, it really depends on how often it's happening. At a decent winrate eg. 5ptb/100 it shouldn't be happening that often IMO.

Pushing each and every draw isn't really the best way to beat 50NL. Value betting your good made hands to death is.

netstorm
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I would advise you to plot some of your results in a graph. If its like a big rollercoaster you would have to fix some of your leaks. Go around some of the big pots lost and see if they're +EV, or if youre going to far with mediocre hands (TPGK or 2pair on a 3 straight board, stuff like that)

Given, the variance is 6max somewhat worse than full ring. fwiw, I have been running at 12ptbb/100 for 10k hands @ $50nl (full ring though). But this is probably me running hot, dont think I can sustain that.

EMc
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Read the FAQ. Also too, there is another w/r thread open that oll leave unlocked for now.