PDA

View Full Version : only part i'm confident i got right was preflop -- thoughts??

arden street
10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Party 6max .10/.25

Villian is 53/5/1.8

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.
Raising to isolate

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1</font>, Hero calls.
i'm figuring to be ahead of his range. as such i want to 'string him along' yes? hhmm maybe raising would be better, hoping he calls?

[b]Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.35, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, CO calls.
a value bet -- i'm not sure what a good size would be? i'm thinking i want make him pay but not scare him off his hand?

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($7.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $3 returned to CO.

He springs to action?! Bet size looks to me like he wants a call so I gave him credit for having a K. This fold good??

Results:
Final pot: $7.85

Cheers

mother_brain
10-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah raise that flop for good measure. I call that river bet too.

AJGibson
10-25-2006, 11:24 AM
1.25pf, raise the flop PSR, turn minimum bet is usually 1/2pot. On the river if you are ahead more than 30% of the time you can call.

mother_brain
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah definately raise to 1.25 instead of 1.00. You were screwed from teh get-go.

BukNaked36
10-25-2006, 11:56 AM
How would you play this if you had AK? That's what you want to represent.

call flop
bet $3 on the turn and see what happens

Typical bet sizes
preflop - 4bb + 1bb per limper
flop - 3/4 to full pot
turn - 2/3 to 3/4 pot
river - 1/2 to 2/3 pot

pokerchap
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
pot flop.

i think if you pot or close to pot the turn. you get called by weaker aces, Q10, K10 and K J...

as played, i think you are getting odds to call the river?

kokiri
10-25-2006, 01:08 PM
You've played your hand pretty much like it is - top pair weak kicker, so the question for me is could he still be here with a Q or a small PP? If not then I think a fold is fine, if so, then i like a call. I think his potential range includes Qx, Ay and Kx where x has a narrower range than y, or maybe a small PP making a river block, and I think JT is unlikely.

I think a fold on the river is not terrible, though I'm a calling station so i would probably pay him off, you're probably splitting a lot and ahead not much. Overall i don't mind the hand - raise a bit more PF maybe, sometimes raise the flop, sometimes call, check behind on the turn to induce a river bet perhaps? In essence once the flop comes, I want to play small pot poker, unless a J hits.