PDA

View Full Version : JJ, turn check gets me into trouble?

BombayBadboy
10-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $65.43
CO: $16.43
Hero: $80.70
SB: $46.69
BB: $51.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($32, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($32, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $25.31</font>

Villain limped a bit more then the average TAG. I would still describe him as TAG though. He has taken shots a few times on pots, but he took them down w/o showdon. 1 was vs. me. We've played for 4 orbits or so.

I checked the turn for three reasons:

- Pot control, I can't stand a rr.

- It seems unlikely that he has unpaired high cards, threat that an overcard kills my hand seems small.

- I might induce a bet on the river from smaller overpairs that would fold to a turn bet.

Does this make sense?

River..? Call/ fold..?

dregal
10-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I call here. You say villian is taggy (although his line is a bit weird overall) and will take a shots at a pot, so I think we have induced this bet by checking the turn.

I also think checking the turn is ok...I do it often for the same reasons you mentioned.

BombayBadboy
10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
More opinions?

pokerchap
10-25-2006, 08:50 PM
if you are checking the turn like you said, you are trying to induce a bet so you have to call this.

what do you think he is limping here with? a small PP?