PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars>>Full Tilt?

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:51 AM
Completely disregarding the players, do you think Stars is much softer than Full Tilt just because of Full Tilt's bet pot button?

It seems to me that a lot of bad players fall into some kind of a viable strategy because of this button, where as on Stars most don't have half a clue on how much to bet.

Comments appreciated.

Rafter77
10-25-2006, 06:02 AM
I'd not even considered this, but it may make a small difference. On the whole though, I think there are so many awful players that the effect would be minimal.

Rafter77
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
On further reflection I even think it may be beneficial to have this button. Assuming most ppl(including the fish) use it regularly, I think poor players may even view an ovetbet as more likely to be a bluff...as they see it less often? Probably wrong but makes some semblence of sense in my mind.

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
bump for day

kurto
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure what you're saying... does everyone always automatically bet the pot at Fulltilt?

If so... then stars would be softer. I reguarly am at tables where many players, as a standard, will bet like a $1 into a $5 pot... giving everyone in the hand the right odds to call with just about any draw.

carnivalhobo
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
a lot of people use the pot button that would ordinairly bet different amounts, this gives players that are paying attention less info due to fewer differences in bet sizing, of course if they are just potting every street they arent playing optimally either. Not sure it makes the games fundamentally tougher, maybe higher varaince as the swings that result from the larger bets take place.