PDA

View Full Version : TAGish villain, correct to push this turn?

Rafter77
10-25-2006, 05:26 AM
Hey all, I'm a long time lurker but this is my first post. Usually I think this is an easy shove, but villain definitely has some standards and his call of PSB has me a little worried. How would y'all proceed?
Thanks

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.85</font>, 3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8.55, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8.55</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($25.65, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero?

Results:
Final pot: $25.65

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Assuming you both had $25 to start the hand I would shove on the turn, because I cant see myself checking behind and folding the river. The way it has played out so far I'd expect him to most likely have JJ QQ and maybe a slowplayed TT in that order.

uminchu
10-25-2006, 05:35 AM
looks fine to me sorry you lost to tt

Jigsaws
10-25-2006, 05:38 AM
I don't hate checking and calling any river. That might get you action from JJ at least, but I think you'll see AA/KK here a lot.

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate checking and calling any river. That might get you action from JJ at least, but I think you'll see AA/KK here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is the guy could have big spades as well

Rafter77
10-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Sorry, forgot to put stack sizes. Both started at 100 BB. Could you see yourself checking behind and dropping river if deeper?

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, forgot to put stack sizes. Both started at 100 BB. Could you see yourself checking behind and dropping river if deeper?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 200bb I think checking the turn and calling on a safe river would be good.

Rafter77
10-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Thanks for replies. The early comments about losing to 10 10 were spot on. Sorry if it looked like a beat post. I just wanted a concensus on way to go. I think given the possibility of villain being on big spades makes the push correct.

Jigsaws
10-25-2006, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a TAGish player would check-call, check-call with big spades, since he would know that's -EV. Actually, I think you're crushed except for JJ once he calls your flop bet.

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a TAGish player would check-call, check-call with big spades, since he would know that's -EV. Actually, I think you're crushed except for JJ once he calls your flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he wouldn't check call the turn with big spades, but that is not a reason to not bet. Giving a free card to AKs would be a disaster.

Jigsaws
10-25-2006, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know he wouldn't check call the turn with big spades, but that is not a reason to not bet. Giving a free card to AKs would be a disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I meant was that I think he doesn't check-call the flop with AKs, but check-shoves, rather. I really think spades are a very small part of his range here.

CaseS87
10-25-2006, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What I meant was that I think he doesn't check-call the flop with AKs, but check-shoves, rather. I really think spades are a very small part of his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he is aggro enough to check shove with AKs wouldn't he check shove with TT assuming OP has an overpair?

Jigsaws
10-25-2006, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if he is aggro enough to check shove with AKs wouldn't he check shove with TT assuming OP has an overpair?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have seen him shove a draw in that situation before, I think he could shove here with a set as well. But in general, he doesn't want an overpair to fold, so he won't check-shove with a set, but slowplay it like every other donkey out there.

Reef
10-25-2006, 08:33 AM
bet $6-$6.50 flop. If called I don't mind checking turn here.